Microsoft Outlook is widely used for personal and professional purposes. It is an advanced email application with better corporate support and capabilities. However, sometimes many users face the Outlook keeps crashing itself problem. Also, it is vulnerable to malware and other cyber attacks that target data security.
Hence, it is crucial to backup Outlook emails to external hard drive that secures your email data. In this regard, you can save your Outlook emails to a hard drive in PST format. Here, you will find the detailed stepwise procedure to export Outlook emails to a PST file. You can also convert the PST file into highly portable PDF format.
Now, let’s go through the prominent solutions to save Outlook emails to a hard drive with attachments.
Export Outlook Emails to Hard Drive In PST Format
This method helps to download Outlook emails to a hard drive in PST file format. To achieve this, you need to perform the following steps.
- Start MS Outlook and Log in to your account.
- Now, click on the File menu from the top bar.
- After this, select Import/Export from the Open & Export tab.
- Here, opt for the Export to a file option and press the Next button.
- Now, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) from the Export to a file wizard.
- Then, select the folder to export from and click on the Next to proceed further.
- Browse and specify the Destination Location and tap on the Finish button to start the process.
Note: You can also secure this PST file by applying a password from the Add Optional Password wizard.
We know that many email clients do not support the PST format. Sometimes, the user wants to download Outlook emails to a hard drive for transferring them into different email clients or operating systems. In this regard, PDF format is the most compatible file format for sharing and importing Outlook email data.
Also Read: How to Import Outlook PST File into Gmail Successfully?
Save Outlook Emails As PDF to External Hard Drive
You can also backup Outlook Emails to External Hard Drive in PDF format. Perform the following steps to save Outlook emails as PDF manually.
- Open the email that you want to extract as a PDF.
- Then, click on the File menu from the top bar.
- Tap on the Print option. It will show you the Preview of that email.
- After this, click on the Print and specify the file name.
- Now, tap on the Save button to end the process.
The above-discussed manual method to convert Outlook email as PDF is not suitable for multiple emails. Hence, you can perform this task by using a secure PST to PDF Converter Tool.
Also Read: Backup iCloud to External Hard Drive
Automated Solution to Backup Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
You can backup Outlook emails to external hard drive in PDF format by using a reliable PST to PDF Converter. It is the finest utility to convert multiple PST files in PDF format. You can also save the PST attachments separately with this advanced utility. This tool has many advanced features and you can easily extract email address from Outlook to Excel file format. The following steps will guide you to convert PST files to PDF conveniently.
- Download and Run Cigati PST to PDF Converter.
- Select the option from Single File or Multiple Files/Folder.
- Add PST files/folders that you want to convert into PDF.
- Now, select the PDF option from the dropdown of the Save/Backup/Migrate As option.
- Here, you can also Check the Additional Features of this software.
- In the end, specify the Destination Path and click on the Convert button to start the process.
This professional/automated solution is the best-suited approach to backup Outlook emails to external hard drive. It ensures the security of your PST files and maintains the original file hierarchy. Also, it provides a self-explanatory user interface that helps technical and non-technical users to perform this task conveniently. Additionally, if you want to convert Outlook email to PDF with attachments then you can follow this informational writeup to get full information.