As we all know, MS Outlook is a well-known email client among users and business organizations. It allows you to keep various information such as cell phone numbers, email addresses, organization names, etc. However, there are instances when you need to extract email addresses from Outlook to excel, whether to back up essential data, move it to a different server, or study business data.
Sometimes, extracting or copying email addresses from Outlook may appear complicated. So, you may wish to extract email addresses from Outlook folders for various reasons. Therefore, in this article, we’ll show you how to export addresses from Outlook to Excel.
Why Users Need to Export an Email List from Outlook
These are some reasons to extract email addresses from mail folders in Excel. We will mention this in the below section.
- To properly compile a list of the clients and maintain a record of their contact details.
- MS Outlook is constrained because it cannot show the total number of emails received from a certain email address. Therefore, we must extract emails from Outlook to excel to get over this restriction because Excel can handle all of these tasks.
These are some basic causes to extract data from Outlook email body to excel format. Now, we will move on to the various methods to extract email data from Outlook to excel. Firstly, we will discuss the manual approach, and then you will find one of the best alternative solutions to export contacts out of Microsoft Outlook.
Manual Steps to Extract Email Addresses from Outlook to Excel
Here you will go through simple and genuine steps to extract email addresses from mail folders.
- Firstly, open MS Outlook and click on the File menu.
- Now, click on the Open & Export option.
- Here you will see multiple options, choose the Export to a file option and press the Next button.
- Then, you have two options, and choose Comma Separated Values and hit the Next button.
- Now select the contacts options and click on the Next button.
- Here browse the location of the Excel file and click on the Browse option.
- After that, click on the Map Custom Fields, tap on the checkbox and press Finish.
- Now, press the Clear Map to remove maps.
- Here Drag and Drop the right-left needed items to the right panel and press the Ok button.
- At last, hit the finish button to complete the process.
We can open the Excel sheet with ease from the chosen place. However, this manual approach only effectively extracts emails from Outlook to excel. In this manual method, you can face many limitations. This method is time-consuming, and if you implement these steps, you must require some technical knowledge. Moreover, if you want to overcome all the drawbacks, then you will follow the next best alternative method to extract email addresses from Outlook to excel.
Automated Method to Export Email Addresses from Outlook to Excel
If you tried the manual method and cannot get the optimal output from that method. So, you can try the professional solution that is a safe and secure method. Therefore, you can try the Cigati PST Converter tool that can easily extract email addresses from Outlook to excel. This tool works on the advanced technology that helps provide users with the best output.
This tool has many advanced features that users can choose from per their requirements. Also, this tool comes with a simple user interface, making it an easy process for users. Additionally, if you do not have much technical knowledge, in that case, you can easily use this tool because it doesn’t require technical knowledge.
In this article, we have discussed the top 2 methods to extract email addresses from Outlook to excel. Firstly, you can try out the manual approach, but it has certain limitations. So to remove all these limitations, we recommend the best professional solution that can easily extract email data from Outlook to excel.