Microsoft Outlook is a prominent email service provider which is used for sending and receiving emails. It offers various advanced functionalities that include calendaring, task managing, contact managing, note-taking, journal logging, etc. Individuals can utilize it as a standalone application while organizations install it as multi-user software through Microsoft Server Exchange and Sharepoint platforms. It enables these organizations to perform different shared functions such as mailboxes, calendars, folders, data aggregation (i.e., SharePoint lists), and appointment scheduling.
However, some of its users have experienced different issues while using this prominent platform. Usually, they ask for significant solutions to fix Outlook not showing all email errors. Therefore, this article shed light on the different ways that you can implement to resolve this error. In addition, you will also get to know about its popular causes to minimize the chances of facing a similar issue again.
Why is the Outlook Inbox Not Showing All Emails?
Sometimes, there may be technical glitches or something wrong with your Outlook settings that arise this problem. Users can often confuse unsynced emails with missing emails. The unsynced emails are the emails that are not updated due to a bad internet connection or because of server instability. Sooner or later, these emails will get synced once the server connectivity is established. But the missing emails situation arises when you don’t receive certain types of emails even with strong internet connectivity.
Apart from this, some other factors also cause Outlook not showing all emails error. These factors are:
- Unavailability or Low Internet connectivity.
- Default View Settings are disturbed.
- Space limitation in Outlook mailbox account.
- Corruption in Outlook Profiles.
- Corrupt PST files also cause errors in Outlook.
The corrupt PST files are the primary source for many Outlook errors. Sometimes, It causes different error codes, including x80040900, 0x800ccc92, 0x8004060c, etc., which results in the Outlook data file cannot be accessed issue. Therefore, you need to repair the corrupt PST files as soon as you discover them. In this regard, you can opt for a secure and reliable PST Repair Tool that removes corruption by ensuring data consistency.
Significant Solutions to Fix Outlook not showing all emails in Inbox
After understanding the possible causes, let’s move on to the working solutions to fix the Outlook Shared mailbox not showing all emails error. You need to execute the following methods in a sequential way to fix this issue.
Method-1 Ensure to have a Stable Internet Connectivity
First, you need to ensure that you are connected with a stable internet connection. It is important to get the emails in Outlook inbox in real-time. Otherwise, not all emails showing in Outlook issue occurs. Therefore, it is recommended to establish a secured, uninterrupted connection to properly syncing the inbox.
Method-2 Check for Any Filter in Default View Settings
It could be possible that Outlook not showing all emails due to any filter in default view settings. Therefore, you need to ensure that no additional filter is added. To do this, you can perform the following steps:
- Open the Outlook application on your system.
- Navigate to the View tab and click on it.
- Go to the Current View option and select the Customize Current View option.
- Now, choose the Filter option and click on Clear All to remove the applied filters.
- At last, go back to the MS Outlook Inbox and hit the Send/Receive option to refresh your inbox.
Method-3 Check the Auto Archive Settings
Sometimes, users have enabled the Auto Archive option that diverts some emails directly into the Archive folder. This could also stop emails to land in the inbox folder. If the above methods do not fix Outlook not showing all emails in Inbox error, then follow the below steps to check and disable the Auto Archive Settings.
- Open Outlook and click on the File menu and select Options.
- Now, choose the Advanced tab and hit on the AutoArchiving Settings.
- In this wizard, uncheck all the Auto Archiving options.
- Then, tap on the Ok button twice to apply the new settings.
- In the end, Restart Outlook and check whether the emails are showing or not.
Method-4 Clean Up the Unnecessary Emails to Create the Space
There are lots of unnecessary emails available that consume the space in your mailbox account. Follow the given steps to create space in Outlook Mailbox.
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook application and click on the File menu.
- Now, select the Info tab and then choose Cleanup Tool to opt for the Mailbox Cleanup.
- From the next wizard, you can select the different options such as View Mailbox Size, Find items older than, Find items larger than, etc. It will help you to clean up the mailbox space.
- Now, restart Outlook and click on the Send/Receive option to refresh your inbox.
Method-5 Check and Repair the Corrupt PST files using Scanpst.exe
As we have discussed, corrupt PST files are the primary cause of many Outlook errors. Therefore you need to check and repair corrupt PST file to resolve Outlook not showing all emails errors. In such a case, you can use the inbuilt repair utility called Scanpst.exe. To do this go to its default location and open Scanpst.exe on your system. After that, select the PST file from your computer and start scanning the file for any errors. If it shows any error after the scanning process, click on the Repair option to fix the error.
Note: Default location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office1X
This Inbox repair utility is unable to repair the severely corrupted PST files. Additionally, you can only repair files up to the size of 2GB.
Advanced Approach to Fix Outlook not showing all emails
If the above methods do not fix this issue, then it could be possible that you have a severely corrupted or damaged PST file in your system. In that case, Scanpst.exe can’t able to repair that PST file. Therefore, experts have recommended opting for a reliable PST Repair Tool to eliminate all the corruption associated with your PST files. In this regard, Cigati Solutions has recently updated its PST repair utility which is one of the prominent ways to fix Outlook not showing all emails error. It offers the following advanced features that help to repair corrupted PST files.
Prominent Features of Cigati PST Repair Tool
This software is designed and developed on the latest algorithm that offers some pre-eminent features to retrieve the data effectively.
- It recovers all the PST file data including emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
- Apart from fixing the corrupt PST file data, users can also convert PST to MBOX, EML, DBX, MSG, and HTML. (It is only applicable with recovered PST files)
- It has no PST file size restriction which means you can easily repair the large-sized corrupt PST file.
- This advanced utility is also capable to repair the corruption from encrypted PST files.
- You can opt for the Standard, Advanced, and Deep recovery modes to repair the severely damaged PST files.
This PST Repair Tool also provides its free demo version that will help you to analyze its advanced functionalities.
This Outlook Inbox not showing all emails problems can deeply affect the business productivity. You need to analyze its possible causes and find out the significant ways to fix Outlook not showing all emails errors. We hope this article helped you to resolve this issue in an effective manner. Also, it outlined the possible reasons along with a safe and reliable PST Repair Tool that repair the corrupted/damaged PST files. You can try the above-discussed methods to fix this Outlook error.