In today’s era, most of the users encounter problems of Outlook error & unable to find a proper way to fix it. So, in this technical guide, we will let you know about the solution to fix error 0x8004060c on Outlook with its proper reasons. To know more in detail, continue reading this post.
In MS Outlook, when an OST or PST file is corrupt 0x8004060C Outlook errors displays. This error arises when the PST files are large than their maximum size, and as a result, space is reduced. But before reaching directly to the possible solutions, let us understand the reasons to fix Outlook 0x8004060C error during Send/Receive messages.
Why Does 0x8004060c Error Occur?
To fix Outlook Error 0x8004060c in your Outlook account, you need to overcome all the errors that are given as follows:
- When an Outlook (OST or PST) file is damaged or corrupt.
- Due to malware or virus infection in the Outlook data file.
- If there is no storage space in the Outlook data file.
- In a case where the exchange server fails due to the power failure.
After understanding all the methods to fix error 0x8004060c on Outlook. Now, let’s begin the best possible solution to remove these issues.
Ways to Fix Error 0x8004060c of Outlook
There are two effective ways to resolve Outlook Error 0x8004060c, one of them is a manual approach, and another is a professional approach. We have discussed the manual technique in this section. You need to follow each of the methods in a proper way.
Method 1: Clear out the Deleted Items folder
- Launch the MS Outlook application on your system.
- Navigate to the File tab and click on the Tool option.
- After that, choose the Empty Deleted Items Folder option.
- In the end, click on the Yes option in the displayed dialog box.
Method 2: Consistent Outlook Data File
- Start the MS Outlook application on your system or PC.
- Move to the File tab and open the Account setting option.
- In the Data Files tab, choose the File for the compression option and tap on the Account setting button.
- Now, in the Outlook Data File wizard, press the Compact Now button.
- At last, your file size is successfully reduced and then click on the Ok button.
Method 3: Utilize the Archive Option
- Start the MS Outlook application on your system.
- Locate the File tab and click on the Tool option in the Info tab.
- Choose Clean-up old items under the Tools tab.
- In the next wizard, choose the Archive this folder and subfolder option.
- After that, select the specific folder or set a date with the achieved items older than an option.
- In the end, tap on the Browse button and then choose the desired location.
- Finally, hit the Ok button to end the process.
Here you are aware of all the manual approaches. As you can see, these methods are lengthy and time-consuming. Also, the users require good technical expertise to use this method. Therefore, your time and efforts shouldn’t be wasted. So, we recommend users to have a look at the automated approach.
Automated Approach to Resolved Outlook Error 0x8004060c Issue
Sometimes, there might be chances that your PST file may become corrupted that needs to be fixed. In that case, we recommend users opt for the Cigati Outlook PST Repair Tool. It is a well-known and trusted utility that helps users to repair and recover emails from corrupt and damaged PST files. Also, users can recover emails from their encrypted PST files using thesis utility. Apart from this, it also instigates the users in recovering data from the password-protected PST files.
In the above write-up, we have discussed the possible reasons for the Outlook errors and the possible ways to fix error 0x8004060c on Outlook. As people are facing problems with the manual methods, that is why we have explained about the professional Outlook PST repair tool. The software allows the users to fix the Outlook errors in 2019 and all the below versions. After understanding all the methods to fix error 0x8004060c on Outlook. Additionally, you can learn about another Outlook error 0x800ccc92 to fix and know the solution.