Gmail email client is the most popular and used for sending and receiving emails. You have several choices if you are looking for a solution to migrate Gmail to Google Workspace account. In this blog, we will discuss the most effective and secure way to transfer Gmail to Google Workspace.
We already know that Gmail is a Google Workspace product that Google launches. It provides a free mailing service that allows storage space for users of up 15 Gb. Also, you can access Gmail via the internet and through mobile apps. We have personal and official Gmail accounts on Gmail, and we have a lot of emails on both versions. Additionally, if you have multiple Gmail accounts and want to transfer Gmail emails to another Gmail account..
Reasons to Move Emails from Gmail to Gmail Accounts
There are several reasons to transfer Gmail into Gmail. We’ve listed a few common reasons for migration.
- Sometimes Google Mail is inactive, or the Google Mail account has been removed.
- Users must migrate Gmail to Gmail if your first Google account storage space is full.
- Time for attacks by hackers or malware within Gmail, hackers can attack Gmail accounts.
- In securing access to the Gmail account, Gmail can block access by unauthorized users.
The above factors can cause users to transfer Gmail to different Gmail accounts. However, sometimes users also want to export Google calendar to Office 365 account in order to access them in their Outlook account. Now, let’s begin to know how to transfer Gmail to Google Workspace.
Migrate Gmail to Google Workspace with Manual Guide
In this section, we will discuss the manual methods that are free to transfer the Gmail emails to the new Gmail account. Also, this method is completed into two parts. Firstly, it is necessary to activate IMAP on the old Gmail account. Afterward, you must transfer emails from Gmail to another Gmail account. Follow the steps below in the same sequence.
Part 1: Enable IMAP on the old Gmail Account
- Firstly, log in to the old Gmail account using Gmail credentials.
- Then, go to the Gear icon and click the See All Settings option.
- After that, ensure you enable the IMAP option from the Forwarding tab and POP/IMAP tabs.
- Hit the Save Changes button to allow IMAP settings.
When you successfully enable the IMAP settings, we’re moving on to the second part of Gmail to Gmail migration.
Part 2: Convert Old Gmail to New Gmail Account
- Here login to your New Gmail account, where you will need to transfer your emails.
- Now, select the Gear icon and choose the See All Settings options.
- Then, select the Add Mail Account option under the Account tab and Import tab and look up the mail imported from different accounts.
- On the next slide, enter the Email Address to which you wish to transfer emails, and click on the Next button.
- Select the Import Emails option from my other account (POP3) and tap on the next button.
- Now, select pop.gmail.com in the POP Server and choose 995 from the drop-down menu for POP.
- Then, mark the option to save a copy of the message that you have found.
- Now check the Always use a Secure Connection (SSL) when retrieving the option to retrieve mail.
- Then, click on the Add button to connect both accounts to work together.
- You can use the Yes or No button to send mail via email@example.com.
- At last, you need to follow the guidelines. If you select the Yes option and there is no answer, you must close your account.
These are two parts of the manual method to migrate Gmail to Google Workspace. If you use the complete process properly, you can quickly transfer emails from one Gmail account to another. This is a long process to complete. Therefore, we will provide the best alternative solution that directly migrate Gmail to Google Workspace.
Professional Method to Migrate Gmail to Google Workspace
If you tried the above-mentioned manual approach and faced some issues while implementing the steps. So, you will try a professional solution that can easily overcome traditional steps’ drawbacks. Alternatively, you should try the Cigati Gmail Backup tool, that is the most secure and reliable solution. It allows users to transfer Gmail to Gmail accounts. You can easily migrate Gmail to Office 365, Yahoo, Thunderbird, Hotmail, iCloud, Opera Mail, Amazon Webmail, etc.
Also, this software provides an option to save Gmail emails into different file formats like PST MBOX, PDF, EMLX, EML, HTML, MSG, and many other file formats. Additionally, the Gmail backup tool has many advanced features that offer a seamless experience for users.
In this article, we have discussed the best and most secure way to migrate Gmail to Google Workspace. If you are looking for a free method, then you can try the manual approach, but this method has some limitations. Therefore, we provide one of the best alternatives that work on the advanced technology.