Recently, found that many users are moving from Gmail to Office 365. When a user exports their data from one account to another. It requires transferring all data from the existing account to the new one. And sometimes, users want to link their Google Calendar to the Outlook 365 mailbox optionally. So, in this article, we will go through to discuss the ways how to export Google Calendar to Office 365.
Google Calendar is a time-management and scheduling service that allows users to create and edit events. It had developed by Google and came in 2009. On the contrary, Outlook 365 is a web-based email client that is a secure place for data storage. Thus many users prefer Office 365 for its advanced features, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote. Nevertheless, In the upcoming section, we will discuss the manual method on how to export Google Calendar to Office 365.
Manual Way to Export Google Calendar to Office 365
Here we are providing some stages you can follow these methods to transfer your Google Calendar data to O365. However, In some instances, when a user is planning to switch from windows to Mac then they also want to sync Google contacts with iCloud manually. Now, Let’s discuss the steps of the manual method to migrate Gmail calendar to Office 365.
Stage 1. Export your Google Calendar Data
- Open your browser, click on the Google Apps icon, and select Calendar.
- Now, hit on the Gear icon and click on Settings.
- Under Import & Export menu, click on Export and again hit the Export button.
- After that, you will see a zip file of your calendar data downloaded.
- Here extract this zip file and, you can see your Calendar .ics file.
Also Read: Import Yandex Mail to Office 365
Stage 2. Import your G Suite Calendar .ics file to Outlook 365
- Launch MS Outlook, and go to the File Menu.
- Click on Open & Export and hit Import/Export button.
- Here, a wizard will appear. Select the Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs) option and click on Next.
- Now locate the Calendar file that you want to import and click OK.
- Afterward, choose the provided option Open as New or Import as per your need.
Through these above steps, you can smoothly transfer your Google Calendar to O365. But, there are some limitations to using the manual solution, which we will mention in the next part.
Also Read: Migrate Zoho Mail to Office 365
Cons of the Manual Method
Here are some limitations to using the manuals, which are the following.
- Users must have the technical knowledge to perform the manuals.
- There are possibilities of data loss during the conversion process.
- It is a tedious task and can take a lot of time.
- Formatting issues can occur when a user imports their Google Calendar file to O365.
These are some restrictions using the manual process. To overcome this, we suggest you follow the best professional method. In the following part, we will discuss The Gmail Backup Tool, which will help you how to export Google Calendar to Office 365 easily.
Export Google Calendar to Office 365 Professionally
The Cigati Gmail Backup Tool is an excellent way that permits the user to backup their Gmail mailbox to multiple file formats like PST, PDF, MBOX, MSG, etc. It also helps users to migrate Google mail emails to many email clients such as Office 365, Yahoo Mail, Opera Mail, Hotmail, and many more. Additionally, it provides some advanced features, which are as follows.
Additional Attributes of The Gmail Backup Tool
There are some supplemental features of the utility that will help you how to export Google Calendar to Office 365 effectively.
- The software backup all Gmail mailboxes like Email, Calendar, Contacts, Notes, etc.
- This utility permits users to transfer their Gmail emails to other email clients such as Yahoo Mail, Zoho Mail, GoDaddy Mail, HostGator, Amazon Workmail, Thunderbird, iCloud, IMAP, Gmail, and AOL.
- It offers a Date Range Filter feature that helps the user to backup emails within the selected date.
- The Gmail Backup Tool provides an easy-to-use Graphical User Interface that helps users to work smoothly.
- With the help of this utility, users can also save Gmail email as PDF, CSV, TXT, DOC, DOCX, PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, EML, EMLX, HTML, and MHTML.
In this article, we have discussed the easy ways how to export Google Calendar to Office 365. As you have seen, using manual methods, some limitations do not fulfill your task according to your need. So, we have advised you to go with a professional way that helps you to perform your task effectively without any limitations and in no time.