If you are looking for a solution to transfer from GoDaddy to Google workspace, then you are at the right blog. Here you will get the complete solution to migrate from GoDaddy to Google workspace with the manual method and the best alternative approach.
GoDaddy Webmail is an online service for paid email for businesses with business accounts. GoDaddy Webmail has more than 20 million users and 7000 employees worldwide. Because of huge advertisements, GoDaddy is well known for its domain registration and hosting services.
However, Gmail is an email service developed by Google and is available through Webmail. It can be accessed via Android, iOS, and other third-party software through which Gmail is synced. It has 15GB of storage space and functions as an automated scan service to protect emails from malware and spam.
Why Do Users Migrate Godaddy to Google Workspace
These are some reasons to migrate from GoDaddy to Google workspace, and we will mention them in the below points:
- Google Workspace is safer than GoDaddy’s services in terms of security.
- Gmail offers a plethora of additional functions apart from other email services.
- GoDaddy’s email interface is more complicated than Google Workspace.
- Users can use Gmail email services for free, and there is no need for domain registration. On the other hand, the GoDaddy Webmail service is paid and requires domain registration to use it.
Best Method to Migrate from Godaddy to Google Workspace for Free
Here we will discuss the complete procedure of the manual method to migrate emails from GoDaddy to Google Workspace. This approach is complete with the three steps to transfer GoDaddy email to Gmail. You need to follow all the steps carefully and in the same order.
- Set up POP in GoDaddy Email
- Allow POP to enable and disable IMAP in your Gmail Account
- Add GoDaddy Email to your Gmail Account
Part 1: Turn on POP on GoDaddy Email
You must allow the POP mail option within the settings of your GoDaddy Email account. Follow the steps below to complete the enabling procedure.
- Firstly, log in to your GoDaddy account
- Now, find your settings tab options for POP.
- Here, fill out the below information for Incoming Server POP.
POP.secureserver.net – SSL Value 993
- Below is the mentioned information to access your Outgoing Server (SMTP)
Smtp.securityserver.net – SSL Value 465
- Then, press Save to store your details.
- From your Authorization option, enter your Godaddy email address as the username and password for your email ID.
- At last, click on the Save button to save your data.
Once you have completed the above steps, you’ll be able to enable the POP setting within your GoDaddy email. Let’s move on to the next step to migrate from GoDaddy to Google workspace.
Part 2: Turn off IMAP and enable POP in your Gmail Account
Here we will discuss the steps to enable and disable the POP and IMAP settings in Gmail.
- Firstly, go to Gmail.com and type in the Google email address.
- Now, click on the Next button.
- After that, press the Gear icon to tap to view all options.
- Tap on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tabs to open it.
- Choose the option Enable POP on all emails and then disable IMAP. Also, click on the Save modifications button.
Once you’ve successfully completed the process, then you will proceed with the upcoming steps to migrate from GoDaddy to Google workspace.
Part 3: Add GoDaddy Email to your Gmail Account
Follow the process for working to connect GoDaddy’s email address to the Gmail account.
- Sign in to your Gmail account at Gmail.com
- Then, click on the Gear icon and then press View all settings.
- Select the Import and Accounts tab.
- Now, click here to Add a second email address.
- Then, you will see a pop-up with the Add email address and Input your GoDaddy email address.
- Input the code you received at GoDaddy Webmail and click on the Verify button.
Now, you will be able to migrate from GoDaddy to Google workspace. You need to apply these manual steps in the same order to get the best output. Also, if you lack technical knowledge, you will face issues while implementing the method. Moreover, this process is highly time-consuming. If you try this traditional approach, then you will face issues, and to overcome all the drawbacks, you need to try the best alternative solution that we will discuss in the next section.
Automated Approach to Migrate GoDaddy Emails to Gmail Account
You should try the Cigati GoDaddy Email Backup Tool that can easily and quickly migrate your email from GoDaddy to Google Workspace. It is the most secure and reliable software that comes with many advanced features. Also, GoDaddy to Google Workspace migration tool user interface is very simple and easy to use. There is no requirement for technical knowledge to use it.
GoDaddy backup tool is very helpful to export GoDaddy workspace emails into Gmail, Office 365, Thunderbird, IMAP, and many more email clients without any data loss. Moreover, users can download their GoDaddy workspace emails into multiple file formats like PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, EMLX, etc. file formats. Additionally, this professional tool comes with many advanced features that users can use as per their requirements to get specific output.
Working Guide of GoDaddy Email Backup Tool
You need to perform these steps to migrate from GoDaddy to Google workspace.
- Firstly, you need to Download and Install Cigati GoDaddy Email Backup Tool.
- Then, enter the login credentials of your GoDaddy account and tap on the Sign In button.
- Select the required folder you need to back up from your GoDaddy email account.
- Here you need to select the saving format from the drop-down.
- Check the required additional checkbox to get specific output.
- You can also choose the Mail filter and Custom folder name accordingly.
- After that, you need to assign a destination path to save the resultant files.
- At last, click on the convert button to backup GoDaddy emails.
All users are looking for a secure and reliable solution to migrate from Godaddy to Google Workspace. We have compiled the entire procedure in our blog. The manual method is time-consuming and inefficient and has a higher chance of losing data. That’s why it is better to utilize automated software to address this problem. Users can use the above-mentioned program to export GoDaddy to Google workspace.