Summary: Do you also wish to seek an authentic solution to add Hostgator email to Gmail? Then you have chosen the right page to sort out your query efficiently. This write-up offers you a free feature of Gmail to accomplish this task. Alternatively, you can also use Cigati Hostgator Backup Tool.
Hostgator is a well-versed hosting website. Whose primary task is to host websites securely, safely, and at affordable prices. This application is highly compatible with handling and managing small and medium enterprises websites. Its free plans provide many services to its users. It offers enough space, templates, hosting websites, maintaining professional’s email accounts, etc.
But whatever it provides is not sufficient for users as its free plans create the same pages and designs for every user. It holds the whole command in Content Management System. Therefore, they seek an alternative to migrating their Hostgator emails to a trustworthy and easily accessible platform such as Gmail. So, in the following section, we will learn the reasons to transfer Hostgator email to Gmail.
Why Prefer Gmail to Save Hostgator Emails?
- You can access the Gmail mailbox across the globe without any hassle. It provides free and quick email services.
- In Gmail, you will prompt as your new messages appear. But in Hostgator, you need to reload your website.
- The most important reason to prefer Gmail, it is free of cost and allows you to save your mailbox in 15 GB of free storage.
- Gmail always asks you for multiple security stages if you log in from another device.
- Google Mail allows you to recover your Emails, Contacts, Drives, and other data.
These are the advantages of Gmail over Hostgator. In the next section, we will learn the strategies for adding Hostgator Account to Gmail.
Also Read: Migrate from IMAP to Office 365
Ways to Add Hostgator Email to Gmail
You can not migrate your Hostgator account to Gmail in a single go. For this, you need to use Gmail’s other application Gmailify. It is specially designed to add a non-Gmail account to a Gmail account.
It uses POP3 to fetch all the contents of the different mailboxes to Gmail. Then it analyzes the emails and passes them to the spam if loaded with any disparity material.
Once you’ve done with the Gmailify setup, Google will start checking these accounts regularly, and new emails reflecting in your selected Gmail account. There is one prerequisite to adding a non-Gmail account in Gmail. It should support POP.
In the subsequent section, we will learn strategies to forward Hostgator email to Gmail.
Manual steps to Add Hostgator Email to Gmail (Gmailify)
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Navigate to the gear icon and click on See all Settings.
- Choose the Accounts tab from the list of choices.
- Click on Add a mail account under Check mail from other accounts.
- Enter the correct email address of the account whose emails you want to fetch.
- Choose Import emails from my other account (POP3) from the options. Hit Next.
- On the next page, enter your Username, Password, POP Server, Port= 110, and SSL Port=995.
- First, check the boxes. Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server, Always use SSL when retrieving mail, Label incoming messages, Archive incoming messages, and Leave a copy of the messages on the server.
It is one of the best ways to connect HostGator email to Gmail. But this method demands technical know-how. In addition, there are certain disadvantages of the above process. The list of a few is detailed below.
Constraints of the Manual Approach
- This method is lengthy and complicated.
- Sometimes, you needed to get the POP settings properly.
- Often your Port and SSL number are not correct.
- You always do not get a successful attempt to transfer Hostgator email to Gmail.
- Most of the time, you’re not successful in managing the setting of Port, SSL, Username, etc.
These are a few drawbacks of the manual approach. Configure your Hostgator account in Gmail and other email clients with Hostgator email backup Tool.
Advanced Solution to Transfer Hostgator email to Gmail
The Cigati Hostgator Backup Tool is a full-fledged utility that migrates your Hostgator mailbox to numerous file formats and email clients. In addition, you can save your email with or without attachments in PDF format. In addition, there are certain advantages of the tool. The list of a few is detailed below.
Why Choose Automated Tool to Add Hostgator Email to Gmail
- It allows you to save or backup your Hostgator emails in different file formats, email clients, and hard drives.
- You can download the Hostgator mailbox to PST, PDF, HTML, MHTML, MSG, TIFF, PNG, JPG, JSON, and MBOX.
- You can also migrate Hostgator email to Office 365, Gmail, AOL, iCloud, Yandex Mail, Hotmail, Live Exchange, Opera Mail, IMAP, Amazon Webmail, etc.
- It saves your machine storage by removing duplicate emails.
- Allows you to save your emails with or without attachments in PDF format.
- Offers to save your emails within two date ranges.
I hope you have many solutions to add Hostgator email to Gmail. Though, this write-up provides you with the manual approach. But these are loaded with constraints and do not give you a perfect solution. On the contrary, a professional tool is full of advanced features. Additionally, this tool provides an alternative to configuring a Hostgator account to numerous email clients and file formats.