If you want to migrate HostGator email to Office 365 account? You have landed at the right post. In this technical blog, we will guide you through all the best possible ways to transfer HostGator emails. So, stay tuned or connected with this post, to know the process in detail.
What is HostGator & Office 365?
HostGator is a well-established domain service provider of safe and cost-effective web hosting. It consists of capabilities to run and maintain several small and medium-scale businesses easily. So, from selling domains at cost-efficient prices to managing websites built on platforms such as HostGator, WordPress offers comprehensive capabilities for business improvement and their online presence. Also, containing a wide range of hosting plans that are suitable for multiple types of business.
Office 365 is a safe and reliable business email service solution that is specially designed for your organization’s communication needs. Using the enhanced collaboration features, it is not just an inbox that contains suites of products like Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Teams, OneNote, etc. Now, let’s move towards the best possible ways to migrate email from Hostgator to Office 365.
Also Read: Migrate AWS WorkMail to Office 365
How to Migrate Email from Hostgator to Office 365? – Manually
In this section, we have mentioned the simple and easy manual steps to migrate HostGator email to Office 365 account for free. For this, we have split the process into different parts. Therefore, you need to follow the step-by-step procedure of each part carefully.
Part 1: Customize the Email Client Settings
- First, navigate to HostGator Customer Portal and Login by entering the required details.
- Now, choose the Email Account option under the Control Panel.
- After that, it will open the Email Account wizard of your cPanel.
- Here scroll the page of the email account list the click on the Connect Devices button.
- Then, locate the Mail Client Manual Setting and note & verify the details of the secure SSL/TLS Settings.
- Here all the details are necessary further while migrating HostGator emails into Outlook.
Part 2: Import HostGator Email to Outlook
- Launch the Outlook Application on your system or PC.
- Navigate to the File tab and click on the Add Account button in the Info tab.
- In the next step, enter the HostGator hosted email address and press the Connect button.
- Now, choose the IMAP option and click on it.
- Here enter your Required Details at the specific place from secure SSL/TLS settings. Click Next.
- After that, type your Password and press the Done button.
- Then, your HostGator Email Account will sync with the Outlook account. Also, you can view the webmail account emails in Outlook, just below your Microsoft mailbox.
Part 3: Save Email to the Computer(PC)
- Launch the Outlook application and navigate to the File tab.
- Click on the Open & Export tab to select the Import Export option.
- Now, choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) and tap on the Next button.
- Select the Account that you want to export and tick the include subfolder option. Click Next.
- After that, press the Browse button to assign the saving path for the new PST file.
- Then, choose another advance option regarding the duplicate emails and hit the Finish button.
- In the next step, you can also Set the Password on the PST File and then click on the Ok button.
- At last, verify whether the PST file is saved on the selected location or not.
Also Read: Migrate from IMAP to Office 365
Part 4: Remove the HostGator Account From Outlook
This step is very crucial to migrate Hostgator email to Office 365 account. Follow every step in the same sequence.
- Open the Outlook application and click on the File tab.
- Now, click on the Account Settings option under the Account Settings tab.
- In the next step, choose the account that you want to exclude and tap on the Remove button.
- After that, a dialog box will appear on the screen in which, Click the Yes button.
- In the end, you cannot view your email account in Outlook.
Part 5: Migrate HostGator Email to Office 365 Mailbox
- Again Start the MS Outlook application and click on the File tab.
- Locate the Open & Export tab and choose the Import/Export option.
- Now, choose the Import from Another Program or File from the list and press the Next button.
- In the next step, select the Outlook data file (.pst) option and again click the Next button.
- After that, add the PST file created in part 3 by pressing the Browse button.
- Choose the inbuilt option to Remove Duplicate Emails and press the Next button.
- Also, you can add a password to the PST file, type the password and click on the Ok button.
- Choose the option to import the items into the same folder, choose the Office 365 mailbox account from the drop-down. Hit the Finish button.
- Here Outlook will automatically start copying the information from the PST file to your Office 365 mailbox.
- In the end, the whole migration process will get completed, and you will find that HostGator hosted an email to the Office 365 account.
Using the above process, users can successfully migrate HostGator email to Office 365 account. But sometimes, if you are importing the emails in bulk, this process might take up to several hours. If in case, Outlook is shut down or disconnected from the internet before the import completes, it will resume whenever the internet connection is established. So, to overcome this situation, you can also choose the alternate solution to migrate email from Hostgator to Office 365.
Automated Approach to Migrate HostGator Emails
Cigati HostGator Backup Tool is the top-rated utility that backs up or migrates HostGator emails into a hard drive. The software enables the users to save HostGator emails to PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, and many more File formats. Also, the tool migrate HostGator email to Office 365, Gmail, AOL, iCloud, Yandex Mail, Hotmail, Live Exchange, Opera Mail, etc. Apart from this, the software is fully loaded with multiple advanced features that provides a smooth working experience to its users.
To sum up, we have discussed both the manual and the automated approach. But the manual process to migrate HostGator email to Office 365 account is error-prone & time-consuming. Therefore, we recommend users to opt for the HostGator to Office 365 migration using the automated approach. Moreover, users can use the demo version of the software to evaluate the software’s working and its performance.