In the fast-paced business world, choosing the right tools can impact on your team’s productivity. If you want to migrate Google Workspace to Office 365, you’re in the right place. This guide will break down the migration process into simple steps that even a tech novice can understand. Moreover, users can use G Suite Backup Tool for ease of migration.
Several users and firms use Google Workspace and Microsoft Office 365 toolkits to do their work. They help you with things like sending emails, making plans on a calendar, creating documents, and keeping your stuff safe. Alright, here’s where it gets interesting: even though they can do similar things, they’re a bit like twins with different personalities. They might look alike, but they do stuff a little differently.
Google Workspace VS Office 365
|Basis||Google Workspace||Office 365|
|Development||Powered by Google.||Created by Microsoft.|
|Brief introduction||All about collaboration and cloud-based work.||Office 365 offers a suite of well-known programs for work.|
|Applications||Apps like Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.||Core apps: Word (documents), Excel (spreadsheets), PowerPoint (presentations), Outlook (email).|
|Aim||Strong focus on real-time editing and sharing.||Great for traditional work tasks with advanced features.|
|Features||Known for simplicity and ease of use.||It provides advanced features and extensive options.|
|Files saved||Files stored in Google Drive.||Files can store on OneDrive.|
In short, Google Workspace is like a team’s creative playground, allowing real-time collaboration. Office 365, on the other hand, provides a suite of powerful tools for traditional tasks with more advanced capabilities. Now, we will discuss the detailed solutions to migrate from Google Workspace to Office 365.
Make sure you finish the following prerequisites before starting either manual or automated Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 migration:
- Make a name under your domain. As a result, emails can go to Google Workspace.
- Make a subdomain on your main domain just for emails to go to your Google Workspace place.
- Provision Microsoft Office 365 mail users.
- Check to make sure that the user in charge of moving things around in Google are the right ones.
How to Migrate Google Workspace to Office 365?
Some points that should keep in your mind when you migrate G Suite to Office 365 manually are as follows:
- Manual Migration is complex and hard.
- Non-technical users face various barriers to understanding.
- Mailbox items of Automatic reply settings and Vacation settings can’t migrate.
- Room bookings will not transfer.
- Shared calendars and event colors will not move.
- There is a limitation that users can only shift their three email addresses per contact.
- Contact URLs, Gmail tags, and custom tags will not migrate.
To avoid all these circumstances, we always suggest you to switch from google workspace to Microsoft 365 with the help of the automated solution. Now, we will discuss the best approach for moving your Google Workspace mailbox to Microsoft Office 365. It will help you to accomplish the migration process.
Transfer G Suite Emails to Office 365 Automatedly
G Suite Backup Tool is an efficient and comprehensive software. Moreover, it allows users to migrate Google Workspace to Office 365 hassle freely. In other words, you can perform bulk conversion of G Suite mailbox items to Microsoft 365 without losing a single piece of data. In addition, this utility maintains data integrity and preserves hierarchy folders while performing the migration process. Apart from that, users can transfer email from Google Workspace to Gmail, and other email clients efficiently. Now, it’s time to learn the detailed steps of this program. It will definitely help you to implement the Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 migration.
Steps to Move Google Workspace Emails to O365:
- Download and launch G Suite Backup Tool on your local system.
- After that, mention the login credentials of your Google Workspace Account to initiate the process.
- Then, mark the folders you want to migrate Google Workspace to Office 365.
- Now, choose the Office 365 email client from the drop-down list and authenticate the login process.
- Lastly, click the Convert button to accomplish the migration process.
Also Read: How to Convert CDR File to PDF Format?
Time to Summarize!
At last, it’s all about finding what works best for you. Whether choosing between Google Workspace and Microsoft Office 365 or tackling technical tasks like creating subdomains and verifying roles, the key is understanding things in a way that makes sense to you. This blog discussed an inclusive solution to migrate Google Workspace to Office 365