I work in an ed-tech company. An error on my Gmail account pops up every time I try to write an email showing that my “Gmail storage full.” My Gmail account is getting stacked with a bulky bunch of email messages in order to which I can’t write any emails, and the error is being shown on the screen every time. Please help me fix this error.
Are you also facing the same issue regarding Gmail storage? Then, read this blog until the end to find out why and how to fix the error. Gmail is an email client that we use to send and receive messages in daily corporate life. According to Google,15 GB of free storage space is more than enough for an average person who deals with emails on a regular basis. Usually, people are not aware of the fact that the error is being displayed on the screen. It is because you exceeded the storage limit, according to Google. To resolve this issue, you can use the Cigati Gmail Backup Tool. It will effortlessly fix this problem.
9 Ways To Recover From Google Account Full Storage Error
This section will discuss various manual solutions regarding why Gmail storage filled up.
#1. Remove the old and useless messages:
Delete all useless emails you think are unnecessary and all the junk files. After deleting, wait for some time and notice if it worked. Follow these easy steps:
- Sign into your Gmail account.
- Click on the inbox folder and select the useless emails.
- Now, press the trash option visible at the top of your screen. If you have deleted any of your useful messages, you can recover them from the trash.
#2. Delete social and promotional messages:
Delete all social and promotional emails from the social and promotional panel available with the inbox panel. It also helps in free space in Gmail.
People receive more than 20 emails in Gmail’s social or promotional folders. 98% of these emails are useless. They are just a reminder, notifications, or marking emails.
#3. Clean the trash folder to Fix the Gmail Storage Full
Please remember to clean your trash folder, as it contains all the deleted messages from all the respective folders. It can exceed the limit of Gmail storage. However, If you see any emails in the trash folder, just hit the empty trash now button.
#4. Clean the Google Drive:
There are so many useless messages in Google Drive, which you should clean and move into the trash folder. Keep the important files only. It helps you to avoid keeping Gmail storage full.
#5. Clean Photos and Media:
Clean the unnecessary photos and media files by navigating to Google Photos and deleting all duplicate media and other junk media files. It will assist you in avoiding the error.
#6. Upgrade the Gmail Storage:
If you still fail to keep your Gmail storage empty, try upgrading your Gmail storage capacity. Yes, you heard that right. Google offers a paid feature to do so. You can now buy extra storage space to avoid Google account overflow storage.
#7. Fix Error Using The Gmail to Gmail Migration:
If all your Gmail messages are necessary and you don’t want to lose any of them, you can migrate them to another account for free. Follow these steps for Gmail to Gmail migration:
- Create a new Gmail account. Now, go to the settings of the old Gmail account from which you want to migrate emails.
- Now, click: “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” from the upper menu to enable POP for all mail, and choose “Delete Gmail’s copy” from the drop-down menu.
- After that, open the new Gmail account and go to settings. Select “Accounts and Import” from the upper menu. Click “Import mail and contacts” in the menu.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen. Enter the email from which you want to import the email files and click Continue.
- Another window will open to ask for your permission. Click the “Allow” button, choose the import options, and click the “Start Import” button.
- At last, wait for Google to transfer all emails to your new account. After the completion, you can see all your emails in the new email address.
#8. Archive emails using Google Takeout:
With the help of the Google Takeout feature, you can avoid the “Gmail Storage Full” error and save lots of free space. Follow these steps to archive emails using Google Takeout:
- Open the Google Takeout Feature on your Google Account and sign in with your credentials.
- Click on the Deselect all option to deselect the default selected options for backup.
- Choose the Mail checkbox and then click on the Next step.
- Select the backup frequency in the next step.
- Choose the file type to save your file and the size of the emails, and click the Create Export option.
#9. Backup Gmail Emails to Manage Your Gmail Storage Overflow
The time-saving method to avoid the “Gmail storage full” error is using the Cigati Gmail Backup Tool. This comprehensive utility helps you to back up your backup Gmail Emails to Computer. Moreover, you can also save your data in PDF format without losing a single piece of data. In addition, users can also remove the duplicate emails before the conversion process. Additionally, you can remove the files/folders from the server that have been fully migrated.
Just follow these easy steps to free up the Google account full storage:
- Open the Cigati Gmail Backup Tool and select the Google Workspace option at the top.
- Enter your email ID and click on the Sign In button. The software will redirect you to the browser to authenticate your account.
- Next, you will see the preview panel, in which you have to select files for backup and click Next.
- From the drop-down menu, select the PDF option. Please make sure you have checked the “Free Up Server Space” button.
- Next, select the destination path to save the PDF file. At last, click Convert.
This blog has discussed removing the “Gmail storage full” error using nine simple solutions. However, the Gmail to Gmail migration method and the Google Takeout Tool is complex and time-consuming. Therefore, we use a tool that experts recommend for quickly clearing Gmail storage space. It resists the impulse to utilize the free service while picking an appropriate tool to resolve the storage error.