Do errors put a halt in your smooth working on Outlook? If yes, then this blog is for you. Too many mistakes while working on Outlook can corrupt your files. So, in this blog, we will discuss common outlook errors, their causes, and their solutions. Every mistake in MS Outlook has multiple reasons behind it.
Here are a few causes of the errors occurring in Outlook:
- Because of the frequent power outages.
- Errors can occur if the user still uses an older version of MS Outlook.
- If your PST file is corrupted or no longer accessible.
- Errors can occur due to virus attacks on your system.
Top 10 Common Errors That Emerge in Outlook While Working
The upcoming section will discuss some common errors in MS Outlook and their optimum solutions:
Issue 1: The Attempted Operation Failed. Object Not Found.
This type of error pops up on your workspace when the user sends/receives Email messages on their Outlook application. There can be two reasons for this error:
- When your Outlook file is corrupt.
- When the automatic SMTP settings are not selected correctly.
The optimum solution to fix these errors:
1. When the Outlook file is corrupt:
Open the control panel on your system. Then, Search mail (Microsoft Outlook) on your device and open it. Next, click on the email account in front of the setup email account directories. In fact, you can add or delete a new email ID from the options provided. Finally, Reopen your Outlook from your newly created ID.
2. The automatic SMTP settings:
Firstly, from the taskbar, select File, then the Add Account option. Then, choose the type of server: manual or additional. In the account type box, pick POP or IMAP and click NEXT. Finally, you can configure your SMTP server in Microsoft Outlook.
Issue 2: Outlook Error 0x800ccc92 – Common Outlook Error
This error usually occurs when you want to create a new account in Outlook or set up POP3 or IMAP. Outlook error 0x800ccc92 also occurs while sending and receiving emails. It appears when you have entered the incorrect login credentials (ID and Password).
Solutions to fix this Outlook error:
- Check the server settings of the browser you are working on.
- Check and correct your login credentials, as you might have entered them wrong by mistake.
Issue 3: Outlook Connection Error
When Microsoft Outlook fails to connect to your email server, you stop receiving mail and cannot send any mail from your side. The Outlook connection error happens when minor problems or glitches are in the application. It leads to damage to the Outlook file or a slow internet connection. Hence, this problem is also categorized in the common Outlook error.
Solutions to repair this Outlook error:
- Restart your Outlook application. Click on the FILE tab, then click on EXIT. Then restart Outlook.
- You can fix your Outlook by turning off Offline mode: Open your Outlook application, click the send/receive tab on the top, and choose the work offline option.
Issue 4: Outlook Error 0x80072f06
It can occur in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and 2021. This fix Outlook Unknown Error 0x80072F06 can prevent users from accessing their contacts from the Offline Address Book. The reason for this error may be improper Outlook installation or damaged files, problems with your Windows operating system, etc. Users usually face this common Outlook error.
Solutions to recover from this error:
One of the major solutions to overcome this Outlook error is to recreate OAB(Offline Address Book). The steps are simple:
- Close your Outlook and search the location where your OAB is stored. Most probably, Outlook saves your OAB at the exact path where your OST files are stored.
- Copy-paste the OAB folder to a safe location and delete it from the last destination path.
- Once finished, start Outlook again and wait for the synchronization to finish.
Issue 5: Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
Have you changed your Outlook password recently? Or add a new folder to your Outlook account?
Sometimes, your Microsoft Outlook fails to recognize your account when you make changes or send emails to someone, resulting in Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e.
Solutions to fix the error:
Checking your internet connection is the best way to fix this familiar error in Outlook.
- Click on the internet icon in the taskbar of your system and then select the network with “no internet, secured” displayed on the screen.
- In the wifi settings, forget the network you are using. If you are using an ethernet connection, make sure to take out the plug. Then, turn on the airplane mode and restart the device.
- After restarting your system, turn off the airplane mode and plug in your ethernet cable.
Issue 6: Outlook Search is Not Working
The search option is a prime feature in Microsoft Outlook. In practice, it’s not uncommon to find that Outlook search sometimes stops working, leaving you with no way to find what you need.
The prime solutions to this error are:
- Close and Restart your Outlook application. If this does not work, try turning off and restarting your computer.
- Rebuild the search catalog: Rebuild your search catalog by following these steps:
- Exit Outlook.
- Open the Indexing Options in the Windows control panel.
- In the Indexing Options dialog box, select Advanced.
- In the Advanced Options dialog box, select Rebuild.
- Select OK, and then select Close.
Issue 7: Access Denied – Outlook Data File
When access to the Outlook data file is denied, Outlook stops working, and access to the emails and the mailbox data is lost. The user usually faces this kind of problem while accessing their Outlook account.
Solutions for fixing this issue:
- You can run Microsoft Outlook as an administrator by this easy step:
- Right-click on the MS Outlook application and choose “Run As Administrator.”
Issue 8: Emails Duplicating in Outlook Error
Receiving duplicate emails is another common Outlook error users encounter. The main reasons are: Outlook settings are not configured properly, Slow internet connections result in slow synchronization, and If the same email account is set up on multiple devices, it results in duplication of emails.
Disable Leave a Copy of Message on the Server:
The first method to resolve this receiving emails is to turn off leaving a copy of a message on the server. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your system, and choose the File tab.
- Then, click on the info option >> Account Settings.
- After that, navigate to the email tab and pick your account. Next, click on “More Settings.”
- Now, choose the advanced tab and uncheck the ‘leave a copy of messages on the server.’
Issue 9: Outlook Signature Not Working
The signature feature in the Outlook application allows you to add signatures to your mail. But, the main reason you come across the error of the Outlook signature not working is that if you have a Microsoft Office desktop app and another version of the same installed on the same system, the “Signature” feature can’t be read in the HTML format. Moreover, it also comes in the common Outlook error.
Here are some solutions to fix the issue:
- Try adding a new signature. It may help in overcoming the error. The steps of this issue are as follows:
- Open Outlook and tap on new email. A new tab will appear.
- Under Include, click on Signature.
- If you already have a signature, select the name; otherwise, tap the Signatures Option to create a new one.
- A tab will appear. Tap on the New option and type the signature.
- Click on the OK button and again click on the OK button to compose a signature in the mail.
Issue 10: Microsoft Outlook Has Stopped Working
As an avid user of Microsoft Outlook, you must have come across a situation where your application shows an error of “Outlook is not responding or stopped working,” and the system hangs for a long time. Some reasons for the same can be lost or damaged DLL files, faulty add-ins, corrupted OST or PST files, etc.
To overcome this issue, here are some easy solutions:
- Try updating your Windows OS version. Sometimes, with the update, these types of errors are repaired instantly.
The Windows Scan PST tool can only recover minor changes. But by using the Cigati Outlook PST Repair Tool, you can recover most of your data and avoid further data loss. This tool can even unlock password-protected files, and you can save their data. It also helps you search for misplaced files by its auto-search feature.
No matter how well-written add-ins are (and even Outlook itself), there will always be the occasional Outlook problem that doesn’t seem to go away or may not be related to add-ins at all. This blog discussed common Outlook errors, their reasons, and their optimum solutions.