There are multiple people who want to convert PST to HTML files because they want to read their emails offline or in a web browser. In this blog, we will guide you through the best way to save PST as HTML with attachments.
Generally, Microsoft Outlook PST files contain the emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, notes, and other items of Microsoft Outlook. This file extension is .pst, known as the Personal Storage Table.
HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language, and it is used to make web pages, webpages, and other IT-related items. The HTML language allows users to specify the structure of online pages. So, users can use specific HTML tags to represent various elements on HTML pages. HTML files easily open in different web browsers even if they don’t have access to the internet.
Therefore, most users want to convert PST to HTML with attachments. But before moving on to the methods or techniques, we will discuss some of the reasons or needs for this conversion in the upcoming section.
Why Do Users Want to Convert Migrate PST to HTML?
These are some reasons to export PST to HTML file format. Let’s discuss the following points:
- PST files can only be accessed using Outlook. However, you can quickly open the HTML files in any web browser.
- You can easily edit the HTML files in any text editor. However, you cannot change Outlook email files.
- PST files cannot send particular emails to other users as attachments. On the other hand, HTML files can easily be transferred as email attachments.
- Users can easily open the PST file by double-clicking. But HTML files can be easily opened by double-clicking.
- A PST file is a single file that contains all of your emails. As a result, transferring any specific email is challenging. On the other hand, in an HTML file, each email is separately accessible.
Manual Process to Convert PST to HTML Format
Using the MS Outlook email program, you can try to convert PST file to HTML using this manual technique. To begin, follow the instructions below.
- Firstly, you need to install and launch the Outlook email program.
- Then, move on to the file menu on the program’s interface.
After that, select the file and then click on the Save As button.
- In the next step, select HTML from the drop-down file menu.
- Then, you navigate to the directory where you want your converted file to be saved.
- Make a folder and give it a name.
- Select the newly created folder from the program interface’s file Save As drop-down menu.
- Finally, hit the save button to complete the process.
- Check the.html file in the newly created folder, right-click it, and select Open with Browser from the menu.
Limitations of the Manual Method
These are some drawbacks of the manual method to convert your PST to HTML for free online. This approach cannot give a better output if you skip any given step below. However, it does come with certain limitations.
- It is a highly demanding and challenging procedure to complete.
- You will eventually want professional assistance to complete this conversion operation.
- Using this approach, you can’t export mass email files in a single try.
- There is a potential that you can lose data during the converting procedure.
To overcome the drawbacks of the manual method to convert PST to HTML, you can use professional and capable software to perform the conversion for you.
Professional Method to Convert PST file to HTML File Format
If you try the manual approach and you do not get the expected results, or if you want to save valuable time and get error-free output. In that case, you can use or try this Cigati PST Converter Tool that comes with many advanced features. This PST to HTML converter software is the most secure and reliable software that can easily export your PST file into an HTML file and other file formats like MBOX, EMLX, MSG, EML, CSV, PDF, GIF, etc.
Additionally, this PST to HTML online tool helps migrate PST to Office 365 and other email clients like Gmail, Yahoo, Thunderbird, IMAP, Zoho Mail, etc. You can access many features that you can choose from as per your requirements.
We have discussed a simple and genuine approach to convert PST to HTML file format with attachments. We explained the complete process of the manual method, and then we suggested one of the best alternatives, the PST to HTML converter online, which is the most secure and reliable tool to export PST files to HTML format.