Are you wondering for a perfect solution to export Lotus Notes Database to CSV? If yes, then continue reading this post. Here in this article, you will learn how to convert lotus notes to CSV using the manual and the best professional approach. Therefore, keep connected with this post to know the entire process in detail.
IBM Lotus Notes and MS Outlook are the top most leading and well-known email services. But nowadays, users want an email service that fulfills their requirements. Thus, MS Outlook is the only email application left that fits the needs of every user. It has multiple features that can be easily understood by novice users. Besides this, it has inbuilt security features that gain the user’s trust. This is the only reason why users are looking for a reliable solution to migrate NSF to CSV.
Free Manual Ways to Convert NSF to CSV
Sometimes, users want to open export lotus notes contacts to CSV. Firstly, you have to convert the NSF file into Outlook-compatible PST format. Therefore, to convert an NSF file into Outlook PST, you have to go through the import and export process. The process also requires the installation of the IBM notes into your system and then using the Import/Export Feature, you can import the CSV file into it. The export Lotus Notes database to CSV manual way devide into two parts:
Part 1: Export NSF to CSV File
- Launch the IBM Lotus Notes program onto the system.
- Navigate to the File Menu and click on the Export option.
- In the next step, choose the location you want to save your file from the export wizard.
- After that, choose the file format, select the Comma Separated Value option, and enter the name of your file. Hit the Export button.
- Then, from the CSV export windows, choose the desired options and hit the Ok button.
Part 2: Transfer CSV File into MS Outlook
- Open the MS Outlook application on your system and navigate to the File menu.
- Choose the Open & Export tab, and click on the Import/Export File menu.
- Click on the Import from Another Program or File option and tap on the Next button.
- Select the Comma Separated Values option and press the Next button.
- Now, click on the Browse button to select the exported CSV file and tap on the Next button.
- In the end, tick the required checkbox to opt for the Additional Settings and then hit the Finish button.
With the help of the above two methods, you can export Lotus Notes database to CSV file format. But there are many drawbacks of the above manual process that we have listed below.
Limitations of Manual Way to Export Lotus Notes Database to CSV
- The above manual method is lengthy and time-consuming.
- High chances of error in the conversion process.
- There might be chances that you might face errors during the conversion.
- Not possible to convert the selected data.
- Using this process, you can only convert one NSF file at a time.
- It requires technical expertise to follow the above process.
Export HCL Database to CSV- Expert’s Solution
Cigati NSF Converter Tool is a comprehensive utility that is capable of converting NSF files into CSV, MBOX, EML, MSG, EMLX, PDF, etc. You can also migrate NDF files into Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, Thunderbird, Hotmail, IMAP, and many more web-based or cloud-based email services. Furthermore, you can migrate your NSF files without any data loss. Apart from that, users can remove the encryption of the NSF files before the migration process. Additionally, this tool can easily convert NSF to PST file format
In the above post, we have discussed the best ways to export Lotus Notes Database to CSV format using the manual and the professional NSF to CSV converter utility. But due to some limitations of lack of knowledge in the manual method, users are unable to complete this conversion. Therefore, we recommend users opt for the professional approach that instantly export Lotus Notes database to excel CSV file.
How do I Export Contacts from HCL Notes?
1. From contacts, choose any or all contacts.
2. Tap on the save file >> Export Contacts.
3. Choose which contact records to export.
4. Select how much data to export.
5. Choose the location where you want the files to be saved. Also, specify a file’s name.
6. To save as type, choose the type of file. To get additional assistance click on that question mark symbol.
7. Optional: Click Advanced, and then select one of the options that are advanced. To select a character set:
– International (UTF-8) International (UTF-8) – specifically for Notes(r) email users.
– Native character set – designed for people who use other systems of mail.
– Unicode is a standard code that is accepted by numerous mail systems.
How do I Download all my Emails from Lotus Notes?
You need to follow some steps to complete this process:
1. Open your Lotus Notes email client.
2. Drop the emails that you want to save to your desktop.
3. The emails will be saved to an EML file. Then, open these files in MS Outlook.
4. Here click File Save as and choose HTML for the saving email.
5. Open the HTML by using MS Word and save it in PDF format.
6. Now, now, mail convert from Lotus Notes to PDF format.