This blog will talk about how to Change Outlook Password. A lot of people have many different email accounts on different websites. Remembering all those passwords can be hard. We will also talk about a professional way to change your Outlook password, even if you can’t remember the old one. We will use a tool called Cigati PST Password Remover to do that. Let’s start without waiting too long.
In today’s world where everything is done on computers and the internet, many things have become easy and we can access them easily. But there’s a problem that comes with the good things. Because of the computer stuff, bad people can try to steal our information. The special words we use to protect our email are called passwords. They’re like keys to our emails, keeping them safe from others. So, it’s really important to have a strong and hard-to-guess password.
When to Change Outlook Password?
In the next part, we will talk about the situations and reasons when someone needs to modify their Outlook password.
Here are times when you might need to change your Outlook password:
- You think someone got into your account.
- When you get an odd password reset link.
- Unfortunately forgetting your password.
- Your password was leaked.
After understanding the need to change Outlook Password, it is important to know the steps to implement the same. The next section provides a step-by-step guide that you can follow to change the password of the MS Outlook PST file.
Modify Outlook PST File Password Using Outlook Application
You can use the Outlook Application to change your Outlook password. It’s quite easy to do. However, remember that you need to know your old password to follow this method. Also, please note that you can’t use this method with Offline .ost files. Follow these steps to change Outlook password:
- Click on the File tab.
- Click on Account Settings, then select Account Settings again.
Note: For Outlook 2007, go to the File menu and choose Data File Management.
- On the Data Files tab, Choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) you want to change the password for, then click on Settings.
- Click on Change Password.
- In the Change Password dialog box, type your current password in the Old password box. Leave this box empty if you don’t have an existing password.
- In the New Password and Verify password boxes, type your new password. Remember, the password can be up to 15 characters, and it’s sensitive to uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Finally, click OK to set the new password.
By following the steps mentioned above, you’ll be able to change Outlook password. But if you ever forget your old password, don’t worry. The next method will help you change your Outlook PST file Password.
Changing Outlook Password Without Old Password by Using Professional Tool
The Cigati PST Password Remover is a completely secure tool designed to remove passwords from encrypted PST files. Moreover, you can also merge PST files to store less storage space. It comes with an easy-to-use interface and provides users with advanced features. Some of the excellent features of this software are:
- It is capable of handling Multiple PST files.
- The utility does not require Outlook Installation or configuration.
- Removes Lengthy and bilingual passwords.
- Highly supported on Windows OS.
Now let us see the simple steps to change Outlook password using the software:
- Firstly, Install and Run PST Password Remover as an Administrator on your PC.
- Click Select Files and add the encrypted PST Files then click Open.
- Finally, in the software Wizard click Remove Password.
Voila, After following these three steps you will disable the Password from the Outlook data File. Now the steps to add the password to PST File1:
- Launch, PST Password Remover and Add the unencrypted PST files.
- Now, click Set Password.
- Finally, Enter the New Password twice and you are done!
Also Read: PST Password Remover
We’ve come to the end of another useful blog. Before we go, let’s summarize and remember that forgetting things happens to everyone. But what we do next is important. In this blog, we talked about how to change Outlook password using the Outlook application. We also talked about the Cigati PST Password Remover for situations when you forget your old password.