Microsoft has provided Outlook, and users can easily send or receive emails through the email client. Most of the professionals use Outlook for business communication. If we talk about the best email clients, Outlook first comes to mind. But, most of the PST file users face the common problem that is the management of PST files as the PST file size is large. Therefore, it isn’t easy to manage.
You can overcome this issue to merge PST files easily. Therefore, users want to combine Outlook PST files into a single large-sized PST file so that Outlook can easily handle it. But, users do not know how to do it? So, we will suggest the best way to combine multiple PST files into one. Before going on the solution, we need to know the probable reasons to merge Outlook PST files.
Probable Reason to Merge Multiple PST Files
Here, you can see all the possible causes to merge PST files into one point below.
- Most users run the latest versions of Outlook and require to convert their data from the old version to the new version. Hence, they need to merge multiple PST files into one.
- Suppose a user wants to migrate Outlook to a new email client. Then, he needs to store the data into a single file.
- Reduce the chances of data loss and corruption issues.
- Enhance the performance of your Outlook application.
- Multiple files create confusion and need to combine PST files without duplicates.
The above are some causes to merge the PST files into one file. If you want to know about the perfect method to merge two PST files. Then, you can follow the next section. Therefore, we will discuss the approach to merge outlook data files.
Method 1. Manual Method to Merge PST Files Free
If you want to implement this method successfully, you need to follow this method step by step. This process completes within two stages.
Step 1: Create a New PST File in Outlook
- Open Outlook and then move to the Home tab.
- Click on the New Items >> More Items, then tap on the Outlook data file.
- Here, select the location where you want to store the new PST file and rename it.
- After that, click on the Ok button.
Step 2: Export Old PST Files to the Newly Created PST
In this step, you need to transfer the old Outlook PST data files to the newly created PST files to merge PST files. Follow all the steps in the same sequence to merge multiple PST files into one.
- Tap on the File option >> Open & Export, then click on the Import/Export button.
- Open the Import/Export wizard, and select the “Import from another program or file” option.
- Now, click on the Ok button.
- Choose the Outlook Data File option, then click the Next button.
- Tap on the Browse and select the PST file to import.
- Tick the option “Do not import duplicates” to merge Microsoft Outlook PST files without duplicates.
- Now, choose the folder and check the “Include subfolders” and “import items into the same folder” boxes.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
Major Drawbacks of the Manual method
These are the limitations of the traditional approach. Due to these drawbacks, you cannot get the better or desired output according to your requirement.
- It is a time-consuming process.
- Requires technical knowledge for successful implementation.
- Data corruption chances are high during the merging process.
- Need for high-speed internet connectivity.
If you want to overcome all the drawbacks, you can choose the alternative method. Therefore, we will suggest the best alternative to merge PST files free.
Method 2. Professional Approach to Combine PST Files
If the traditional method is not working properly or you face any error while using the above-discussed method. Then, you can go for the safest and secure professional tool, i.e., PST Merge Tool. The user interface of the software makes it very easy to merge PST files. This tool works on advanced technology and provides advanced features to the users, and you can easily merge multiple PST files at a time. Now, we will discuss some essential features of this Outlook PST Merge Software.
- You can merge Multiple Files into a Single File.
- It allows users to combine all PST items like Calendars, Tasks, Notes, Contacts, etc.
- Users can Set Data Ranges according to their requirements.
- It allows users to Remove Duplicate Files.
- No limitation on the number of PST files to add-in software.
- Users can Remove the attachment files.
- It allows users to apply a password to the output files for security.
- The tool smoothly works with Windows 10 and lower versions.
- It is also available with a Free Demo Version.
This article is all about providing apt solutions to merge PST files in a single one. We have already discussed all the essential aspects to combine PST files. If we talk about the manual approach, it is much more complicated and has major drawbacks. So, we suggest one of the best PST Merge Software. It is the safest and most secure way to merge PST files without duplicates.This professional method can overcome all the drawbacks of manual processes.
How do I merge PST files without duplicates?
If you are looking for a quick solution then you need to try the most trusted and reliable Cigati PST Merge Tool. This tool is easy to use and has extraordinary features to get valuable output.
Can we merge two PST files?
You can easily merge two PST files to create a single PST file while eliminating duplicate mail items.