The PDF format is the widely used document format for personal and professional use. The format can easily be accessed from many applications and is compact in size. With PDF files, it is easy to lock your document using encryption.
PDF files contain personal information, and using a password to secure them is essential. Using the PDF file more frequently and having to insert the password regularly can be very annoying. The good thing is that you can remove the passwords from PDF with Adobe reader and other trusted software.
Why Do We Need to Unlock PDF Password?
There are a few cases where you might need to remove the password from a PDF file. One reason might be that you forgot the password and can no longer open the file. Another reason might be if you need to edit the file and the password prevents you from doing so.
Also Read: Convert OST to PDF with Attachments
Method 1: Remove Password from PDF Using a PDF Viewer
To protect yourself from legal issues for legal reasons, only remove password protections from a document you own and know its password. Passwords are usually added to protect against plagiarism or the data to make it more secure to share online.
- Firstly, you need to open Google Chrome on your system.
- Now, click on the file and Open the file button.
- Choose the password-protected PDF file and open it.
- Now, open the password of the document.
- Tap on the submit >> Print button.
- Here select the destination drop-down menu.
- Click Save as PDF >> Click Save button.
- Enter a name for the new document and click Save.
Method 2: Remove Password from PDF in Adobe Reader
Even though Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free PDF viewer available to all, Adobe Acrobat DC is a paid application. It comes with additional features for those who often require the manipulation of PDF. Adobe Acrobat DC offers a trial version for free. Follow the below mentioned steps to unlock PDF file password.
- Firstly, open Adobe Acrobat DC and click on the Open File.
- Now you must select the file to remove the password and click Open.
- Here enter the password and click the OK button.
- Then, click the file button and move on to the properties section.
- After that, click on the security section and tap on the security method from the drop-down menu.
- Now, tap on No Security >> Click OK >> Click OK.
- Finally, the password has now been removed from the file, and click the file to save it.
These are two methods to remove passwords from PDF files, and you can follow the complete process to get better output. But these approaches have some drawbacks. This process is highly time-consuming and complex.
Professional Method to Remove Password from PDF File
You can try the Cigati PDF File Unlocker, that is a simple and easy-to-use tool. Using this tool, you can easily overcome all the drawbacks of the manual method. This tool does not require much technical knowledge to implement. Also, this tool work on advanced technology that helps to provide better output. It is the most secure and reliable tool to remove PDF passwords without trouble. This tool has many advanced features like selecting multiple files, giving custom folder names and Path to save, modifying the File description, and many others.
In this article, we have discussed the best solution to remove password from PDF with two methods. Firstly, we have discussed a manual approach with a complicated and time-consuming process. Therefore, we have recommended a professional tool that can easily unlock PDF passwords.