Are you trying to switch between Outlook and Apple? Trying to convert OST to MBOX? It is a challenging task to migrate OST to MBOX without proper guidance. This blog is inspired by such challenges that you face when exporting OST to MBOX. We are going to help you with methods to switch from OST to MBOX.
First, let me help you examine the differences that most users have felt between file format MBOX and OST.
What Is MBOX and OST File Format
Apple Mail users are familiarly called Mac Mail users. When you use the Apple mailbox, it stores your data as an MBOX file. The MBOX format is supported by over 30+ email clients. So, users prefer the MBOX format for its advantages.
Outlook gives you email archives in the form of OST files. That means that OST files help you to access data and work in offline mode. This file gets created when Outlook is synchronized with the exchange server. Every single OST file contains your information such as email, contacts, calendar, events, and reminders. Hence, it is a necessity to convert OST files to MBOX.
As of now, there is no direct method to convert OST to MBOX. So, we first convert the file format OST to PST and then this PST to MBOX. Hence, let me show you the manual procedure to go from OST to MBOX free.
How to Migrate OST to MBOX with manual methods?
For your ease, we have divided the manual methods into three parts. Follow them to get suitable results.
You have to start off these methods when you log in Outlook, with your Exchange account.
Step 1. Import/Export OST
You can use this method to export the OST mailboxes to PST format as:
- Firstly, pull off the Files tab -> Open & Export and hit the Import & Export option.
- Here, choose Export to a File and click on Next.
- After that, choose the second option- Outlook Data File (.PST) and move on with Next.
- Now, pick the folder in which you want to export and hit on Next.
- Locate the path to save the new PST file and select the options regarding the same items.
In case you do not get this method. We have shared another alternate method to migrate OST to PST as shown below.
Step 2. Archiving method to save OST to PST
If you have an Auto enabled Archive option, then Outlook emails become OST to PST in a separate folder. This feature helps you save older mailbox items in the archive folder. Also, it keeps the size of your mailbox at an optimum level. To Enable Archive, do this:
- Firstly, launch your Outlook application.
- Catch the File-> options.
- Next, pull the Advanced tab and hit on Auto Archive settings.
- Here, choose the number of days to run Auto archive. In addition, choose the folder to save the archived file and provide the archiving options.
- Press OK.
From now on, all your mailbox items from your OST file will be saved to PST based on your Archive settings.
Step 3. Manually Convert PST to MBOX
For MBOX format, start with the download of Mozilla Thunderbird on your machine. Finish the process on installation and after that
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Now, select the File menu and then Import option.
- After that, import the PST files which you want to convert to MBOX.
- Wait for Thunderbird to convert your PST file to MBOX format.
Although these methods to get OST to MBOX free, they are not the best source to move OST to MBOX and get 100 percent accurate results. If you are looking for a quick resolution with data accuracy, then use a professional OST To PST Converter. With it, move your Outlook OST files into MBOX, PST, EMLX, and various other formats. You can even import your OST data into Yahoo, Gmail, and Thunderbird without any hassle only with an OST Converter today.
It’s not an easy task to get data and migrate OST to MBOX. Manual methods are shared here, but they offer you limited solutions. Get instant professional assistance with the OST converter for perfect data conversion results.