The following article has instructions on how to make a computer’s security settings lower or even off some security features. Users want to do this to fix Outlook send and receive error. However, if you’ve major corruption, opt for the PST Repair Tool. It will help you to recover your damaged or inaccessible Outlook PST data file.
Sometimes, when using Outlook to send and receive emails, you might see error messages like ‘Sending reported error (0x800CCC0D)’ or ‘Receiving reported problem (0x80042108)’. These errors happen for different reasons. Moreover, they can stop you from sending or getting new emails. These errors do not stop you from looking at your old emails or using your Outlook account. But they do get in the way of sending or getting new messages.
Need to Resolve to Send And Receive Error Outlook
Here are possible reasons for causing such an issue.
- Incorrect Email Settings: If your Outlook email settings aren’t set up correctly, it can lead to send and receive errors.
- Network Connection Issues: Problems with your internet connection or network can cause send and receive errors.
- Firewall or Antivirus: Sometimes, firewall or antivirus software on your computer can block Outlook from connecting to the email server. It leads to send and receive issue in MS Outlook.
- Email Account Configuration: If there’s a problem with how your email account configured in Outlook, it can result in send and receive errors.
- Large Attachments: Trying to send or receive emails with bulky attachments can sometimes cause problems. Especially if the email server, such as Outlook, has size restrictions.
- Storage Limits: If your email account has a storage limit and has reached its maximum capacity, you might encounter errors while trying to get new emails.
Now, the query arises ‘How to fix send and receive errors in Outlook?’ We will learn the best possible ways to learn about them.
How Can You Fix Outlook Send And Receive Error?
We have several troubleshooting solutions to resolve the problem. First, we’ll give an overview of all the procedures. After that, we’ll discuss each section in detail.
- Check Your Internet Connection
- Verify Email Settings
- Temporarily Disable Firewall/Antivirus
- Check Email Account Credentials
- Restart Outlook in Safe Mode
- Update Outlook
- Clear Email Cache
- Repair Outlook Data File
- Create a New Outlook Profile
- Check Server Status
- Check Email Profile Works Properly
- Clean up Emails
Now, we’ll learn each troubleshooting procedure in detail. It will definitely help you to fix Outlook send and receive error.
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection
Make sure you have a stable and working internet connection. Restart your router or modem if needed. Follow the below steps to check your internet connection.
- Go to the Start button.
- Click the Settings button > Network & Internet > Status to check the settings.
Method 2: Verify Email Settings
- First, launch the Outlook application and navigate to the File tab > Info button > Account Settings > Account Settings option.
- Afterwards, choose the Email Profile Under the Email tab and click the Change button.
- Verify the basic email settings. Ensure that they are correct.
- Re-enter your account details and settings.
- Make sure to not to close and continue to the next tip.
Forthwith, Confirm the incoming and outgoing server addresses, ports, and encryption settings. The above solution will help you to fix Outlook send and receive error.
Method 3: Temporarily Disable Firewall/Antivirus
Turn off your firewall or antivirus software temporarily. Follow the below steps for the same.
- You need to add “Outlook.exe” to your computer and should be allowed.
For Outlook Express,
- You need to add Msimn.exe to your computer.
Method 4: Check Email Account Credentials
- Ensure you’re using the correct email address and password for your account.
- Try logging in to your email account through a web browser to confirm.
This procedure will get rid of the issue to fix Outlook send and receive error.
Method 5: Restart Outlook in Safe Mode
- Close Outlook.
- Hold down the Windows + R key, mention Outlook.exe /safe, and click the OK button, or hold down the Enter key. Open it in safe mode.
- Try sending and receiving emails in this mode.
Method 6: Update Outlook
- Check for updates for Microsoft Office or Outlook.
- Install any available updates to ensure you’re using the latest version.
Method 7: Clear Email Cache
- First, open the MS Outlook application.
- After that, navigate to the File tab > Options > Advanced.
- Click the “Empty Auto-Complete List” option to clear cached email addresses.
- Restart Outlook and try sending/receiving.
You can also opt for other troubleshooting ways to fix Outlook send and receive error.
Method 8: Repair Outlook Data File
Use the “ScanPST” tool to repair corrupted Outlook data files. Follow the below steps:
- Shut down Outlook and any other related programs.
- Press the “Windows” key + “R” on your keyboard.
- Type %localappdata%/Microsoft/Outlook and press “Enter.” It opens a window with a file inside.
- In that window, find the file (PST file) and make a copy of it.
- Save this copy in a different place as a backup, like on your desktop.
- Now, go to your computer’s “C” drive.
- Look for either “Program Files” or “Program Files(x86)” and open it.
- Go into “Microsoft Office” and then “OfficeXX.” You’ll find a tool there.
- Double-click on the utility (it’s called SCANPST.exe) to start it.
- Click on “Browse” in the program.
- Choose the file (PST file) you made a copy of earlier.
- Click the “Start” button in the software.
Method 9: Create a New Outlook Profile
Sometimes, a corrupt profile can cause errors. Create a new Outlook profile and set up your email account again. Follow the below steps for the same.
- First of all, exit from the Outlook application and launch the Control Panel.
- Move to the User Accounts button > Mail option.
- Further, click the Show Profiles option > Add button.
- Now, mention the name of the resultant profile and click the OK button.
- After that, mention your necessary email credentials and finish the login process.
- After the login process, you can see your resultant profile under the Mail window.
- Choose the default or previous profile and click the Remove button.
- Click the ‘Yes’ button to confirm.
- At last, close the Mail Window and launch MS Outlook.
From the above ways, users can seamlessly fix Outlook send and receive error. If not, try another one.
Method 10: Check Server Status
- Visit your email provider’s website to check if their servers are experiencing issues.
- If the server is down, you should wait until it’s back up.
Method 11: Check Email Profile Works Properly
- Start the Outlook program on your computer.
- Send a Test Email to yourself.
- Check for New Email.
- It should show up just like other emails.
- Open the email you sent and click “Reply” or “Reply All.”
- Go to your “Sent” folder. You should see the reply email you just sent.
- If any emails have attachments, try opening them to make sure they work.
- You can delete the test emails and replies you sent earlier.
If you can do all these steps without any problems, your email profile is working properly! It means you can send, receive, and manage your emails smoothly. If you face any issues, you need to look into troubleshooting.
Method 12: Clean up Emails
- Start the Outlook program on your computer.
- Click on an email you want to clean up.
- If you don’t need an email, click the “Delete” button. A popup might ask if you’re sure; click “Yes” or “Delete.”
- Create folders to organize different types of emails. Drag and drop emails into these folders.
- Then, move to the Send/Receive tab and click the Work Offline to enable the online mode option and sync to the mailbox server.
Cleaning up your emails can help you stay organized and find important messages more easily.
Here are some troubleshooting ways to fix Outlook send and receive error. You can follow any of them. Moreover, if you face severe corruption in your PST files, go with the PST Repair tool. It will resolve them. In fact, users can also fix Outlook not showing all email errors without facing any problems.