If you are looking for a secure and reliable solution to Export Thunderbird to PST for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and the below versions? Then, you are at the right place. Here, we will guide you manual and Quick Way to export emails from Thunderbird to Outlook PST.
Nowadays, Most users of Thunderbird want to switch their email clients to Microsoft Outlook. The most common reason behind this is the complicated interface as compared to Outlook. As Microsoft Outlook is the favorite email client of many organizations. Because of their compatibility and ease to access mail without internet connectivity. As a result, many users look for a way to convert Thunderbird emails to PST file format and post their demands on numerous forums and platforms.
In terms of security, Outlook uses one database file (.pst) to store the complete data of users to avoid the chance of data getting corrupted. This factor attracts more users to export Thunderbird to PST. So, Before delving into the conversion process, let’s explore some key factors driving the need to migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook PST.
What Makes to Move from Thunderbird Emails to Outlook?
There are various reasons to convert Thunderbird to PST. We will elaborate on some of them in the section below.
- Outlook allows its users to work offline or without internet connectivity.
- Thunderbird lacked enterprise-level features and quality customer support.
- Outlook provides tasks and scheduling features, but Thunderbird does not have any kind of features.
- Thunderbird email client does not have grouping contacts and calendar integration, unlike Outlook PST.
- Outlook is available with a user-friendly interface, but Thunderbird has a complicated interface.
These are some reasons to export MBOX files to PST format. Now, we will discuss the methods to convert Thunderbird mail to Outlook.
Manual Way to Convert Thunderbird to PST
The manual method has a little bit lengthy procedure to Transfer Emails from Thunderbird to Outlook in comparison to the professional. This procedure will be divided into four parts, each of which will be covered separately in the section below.
To do this manually we have to use Gmail as a helping Email client.
First: Enable the IMAP Option From Gmail Settings
- Open your Gmail account, then click on the Gear icon > Settings.
- Then, Go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP options, and tap on the Enable IMAP option.
- After that, click on the Save Changes button.
Second: Configure Gmail Account With Mozilla Thunderbird
- Firstly, open the Thunderbird application.
- Then, Go to Tools > Account Settings, and choose Account Actions > Add Mail Account.
- After that, fill out the required fields like Name, Email Address, and Password.
- Then, click on Continue, choose IMAP, and hit the Done button.
- Finally, click on the mailbox folder to access your new email account from the Thunderbird interface.
Third: Use Drag & Drop Option
It is a very crucial step to convert Thunderbird to PST. You need to migrate from Thunderbird to PST into the Gmail inbox and use the drag, and drop messages into the Gmail folder.
Forth: Configure the Same Email With Microsoft Outlook
To export Thunderbird emails to Outlook PST files, you need to access your Thunderbird data through the same email account in MS Outlook. For this, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Firstly, open Outlook, and go to File > Add Account > Manual Setup > Next.
- Then, select the POP or IMAP, and tap on the Next button.
- After that, enter the details in the required field like Name, Email Address, Incoming Mail Server, outgoing mail server, username, and password.
- Tap on the Advanced Settings, and choose the Outgoing Server tab.
- Now, set the port numbers as 993/995 and 465/587.
- Then, click on the Ok button and Test Settings.
- After verifying the details, hit the Next button.
Here you can see all your emails in Outlook and easily convert Thunderbird to PST with the manual procedure. But, this approach has some limitations that we will discuss ahead of the article.
Limitation of Manual Method to Convert Thunderbird to Outlook
If you choose the manual method to export emails from Thunderbird to Outlook, then you will face some issues listed below.
- The method described above takes a long time.
- It required high connectivity of data connection.
- Data loss results from improper step execution.
- Users need technical knowledge to perform the process.
These are the limitations of the manual approach, but we will provide an alternate solution in the next section that can overcome all the drawbacks.
Professional Approach to Convert Thunderbird to PST
If you tried the above-discussed method and faced some trouble while implementing the process. Then, we will suggest one of the best Cigati MBOX to PST Converter tools that is the most secure and reliable software to use. This tool can easily convert Thunderbird emails into Outlook PST format.
The advanced features make it a more popular and trusted software over email recovery. Also, you can convert single and multiple Thunderbird MBOX files with attachments in various other formats. The MBOX to PST Converter tool allows filtering the data while conversion is based on the Mail Filter option.
Also Read: Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook
The PST file conveniently houses extensive data within a single file, offering a plethora of advantages as outlined in the preceding sections. While manual conversion from Thunderbird to PST is possible, it comes with limitations. Therefore, our suggestion is to opt for the professional approach, ensuring data security and expeditious results.