An Outlook PST file is used by a wide range of users to store messages, appointments, and calendars. Accidental or Unintentional deletion of the PST file is a commonly faced issue by several Outlook users. So, here in this article, we will discuss to recover deleted PST files.
If you notice storage facilities there is always a mechanism that is available for eliminated or deleted items like Recycle bin for MS Windows OS. But what if the files are deleted permanently? However, the fact is that the permanently deleted files are not removed from the PC completely until overwritten. The storage location of these files in Outlook is mentioned as available space, So recovery is possible.
Also, if you have lost OST file then you can also recover OST files with simple methods. Otherwise, if you have corrupted PST then continue reading.
The Outlook has also a Deleted items folder available in all the visions. Whenever the PST files or emails get deleted you can recover them from these folders. But there is a retention period in Outlook due to which the files are automatically deleted from the folder after 14 days.
How to Recover Deleted Outlook Data File
Here are some best possible methods that will help you to restore deleted PST File:
Method 1: Restore Outlook File from Recycle Bin
If you delete files on your computer and only move them to the recycle bin without pressing the empty to recycle bin button. Then it is easy for you, to restore all of PST files. All you need to do is view the Recycle Bin folder, locate and right-click the .pst or .ost files as you need. And then select the “Restore” option. After this, the deleted Outlook data file will be back to its original location.
Method 2: Restore an Older Version of the Deleted Data File in PST
If you click on the empty recycle bin button, and the files are removed from the recycle bin. Then, restore an older version of the deleted file with a free backup and restore feature built into Windows. To do so follow the below-listed steps as per the Windows version used:
In Windows 7:
- Go to the Start button>> Computer, navigate to the folder that used to store the file or folder.
- Right-click on the folder, then tap on the Restore previous versions option.
- A list of available previous versions of the deleted files or folders with different times and dates will be displayed. Then, choose the version you want and Press Restore to recover deleted Outlook data file.
Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8:
- Access the folder that stores the deleted file and Press on the “History” button.
- After this, the File History will be displayed of all the files having the most recent backup of that folder.
- Press on the “Previous” button to locate and choose the file required to retrieve, then Press the “Restore” button to retrieve the deleted Outlook data file.
And finally, your query on how to recover deleted Outlook data files is solved. But some users fail to do so due to its consequences. Let’s give them a look.
Also Check: The Solution to Fix Outlook Rules Not Working Issue
Consequences/Limitations of Manual Methods
The above-discussed methods are native methods good to initiate. But has some limitations, major of them are listed below:-
- With this manual method, you will get the older version of the file but not the exact copy of the deleted files.
- Time-consuming and Exhausting process.
- One must have technical expertise.
- In the absence of a backup file, you will face data loss.
So, to avoid these drawbacks or limitations it is always recommended to go with an appropriate automated method to recover deleted PST files.
Method 3: Automated Solution to restore the deleted Outlook Data File:
The automated solution includes the use of commercial or third-party tools. Several third-party tools are available that save you from the consequences of manual techniques. One such commercial application or tool is Outlook Email Recovery Tool. This tool is an ideal solution for you with an easy-to-use GUI. This tool helps you to recover the deleted PST file without any size limitations. Even corrupted PST Files can also be recovered with this tool.
I hope this article helped you and now you can easily recover deleted PST file with the given solutions. The native or manual, as well as the automated solution, is discussed. You can go with any of the methods as per your need and convenience.