In this blog post, we will explore the step-by-step procedure to manually compact and repair Access Database. Additionally, we will highlight the essential precautions to consider prior to initiating the manual process. Should any unfortunate database file corruption occur, there’s a reliable solution available: the Cigati Access Database Recovery Tool. This software can effectively retrieve a substantial portion of data from compromised files, ensuring data loss is minimized.
Database files often expand in size rapidly, which can lead to a decline in performance. To address this concern, Access Database offers users convenient built-in functionalities such as Compact and Repair. It’s important to note that Compact doesn’t entail compressing the database; instead, it involves reducing the size by eliminating unutilized space.
Without any additional delay, let’s now examine the methods.
Methods to Compact and Repair Access Database
Numerous techniques exist for the Compact and Repair of an Access Database. However, we will focus on the most effective and dependable approaches. Before exploring the methods, it’s crucial to emphasize certain precautions that should be observed to ensure the safety and integrity of your data.
Several Precautions Should Be Taken
Before implementing the steps, you need to take the following actions.
- Acquire Permission Prior to Compact and Repair: A user shall obtain all the permissions before implementing Compact and Repair in Access Database, as it would streamline the process and prevent from data getting corrupted or damaged.
- Backup Database: Creating a backup of the database is a requirement. In the event of an unfortunate disruption during the process leading to data loss, having a backup ensures the user’s data remains intact. Backups are consistently valuable for preserving data security.
- No other user is currently using the database: Before a user proceeds with the Compact and Repair operation, it’s essential to ensure that no other user is actively utilizing the database. This precaution is crucial to prevent process interruption and potential data loss.
Adhering to all these precautions is imperative to maintain data integrity.
Method 1: Compact and Repair Access Database Without Opening
MS Access offers its users a built-in feature called Compact and Repair. This function minimizes the database size and enhances its efficiency. Follow these steps to utilize Compact and Repair in Access Database without Opening it.
For Access 2013, Access 2016, and Access 2019:
- Launch MS Access, navigate to the template page, and double-click Blank Database.
- Now, click File. In the pop-up window click Close.
- Hit Database Tools>Compact and Repair Database.
- Finally, in the pop-up window click Compact.
After following these steps a copy of the repaired database will be saved in the original location.
Method 2: Automatically perform Compact and Repair on the Database during closure
Users of MS Access have the option to enable automatic repair and compacting of the database upon closing it. By following these steps, they can activate this feature.
- Launch MS Access, now click File>Options.
- When you encounter a dialog box named Access Options, opt for Current Database from the selection.
- In the Application options section, check the box Compact on Close.
- Finally, click OK.
A user can automatically compact and repair in Access Database after following the above-mentioned steps. The following section will elaborate on a professional tool to repair corrupted or damaged MS Access Database files.
Professional Tool to Repair Corrupted Access Files
Occasionally, if a user neglects precautions or skips certain steps, manual methods can lead to data corruption. During such instances, the Cigati Access Database Recovery Tool serves as a lifesaver, capable of extracting maximum data from corrupted files. This exceptional tool boasts advanced features, including:
- The tool provides two recovery modes: Standard and Advanced.
- Users can benefit from an advanced preview to review their added files.
- The software ensures data integrity throughout the recovery process.
- The tool automatically detects the version of the uploaded file.
- It operates seamlessly across all Windows OS versions.
Compact and Repair in Access Database proves effective for repairing database files. Yet, in cases of unfortunate data corruption, consider downloading the Access Database Recovery tool and following these straightforward steps.
- Firstly, click Open in the software wizard and add the corrupted Access file.
- Now, select the Recovery Mode depending on the extent of file damage, and click OK.
- Choose the desired files from the Tree-structured format.
- Finally, click Save in the software wizard and define the path of the destination folder.
After Following the basic steps even a non-technical user will be able to recover the corrupted Access database file.
We’ve reached the conclusion of another informative blog. Throughout this article, we initially discussed the necessary precautions to consider before undertaking the Compact and Repair process in an Access Database. As we proceeded, we explored various methods for Compact and Repair, including the distinctive approach of accomplishing this without the need to open the database. Additionally, we introduced the Cigati Access Database Recovery tool, a professional-grade solution designed to effectively recover damaged files. Our hope is that you find the most fitting solution for your particular issue.