Nowadays, this question always occurs before switching from an Android to an iPhone. And the process of transferring WhatsApp data can seem disconcerting. Here, we will share a few seamless methods to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. It will ensure a smooth process for users without losing any precious messages, media, or contacts.
In an age where our lives are intricately woven with digital communication, transferring WhatsApp chats from an Android to an iPhone can be a pivotal step when switching devices. WhatsApp, one of the most widely used messaging applications, contains a treasure trove of conversations, media, and memories. The good news is that moving your WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone is possible, although the process may seem complex at first glance.
Pre-Requisites to Migrate WhatsApp From Android to iOS
The following section will discuss the need to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone free.
- Android OS Lollipop, SDK 21 or above, or Android 5 or above installed on Android devices.
- iOS 15.5 or above installed on iPhone
- WhatsApp iOS version 220.127.116.11 or above on a new device.
- WhatsApp in Android offers version 18.104.22.168 or above on old devices.
- Use the same phone number as your old phone on your new device.
- iPhone should be new or reset to factory settings.
- Both of the devices must connect to a power source.
- Moreover, both devices require you to connect to the same Wi-Fi network, or your Android phone will sync to the iPhone’s hotspot for smooth transfer.
Now, we will discuss the best ways to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
4 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp From Android to iPhone:
Here, we have the possible ways to move Whatsapp data of Andriod to iPhone. You just need to read the upcoming sections.
#1. WhatsApp’s Built-in Feature:
WhatsApp has acknowledged the need for easy data migration across platforms and introduced a built-in feature for transferring chat history from Android to iPhone. Follow these steps:
- On your Android device, open WhatsApp, go to Settings > Chats > Chat backup, and tap “Back up now.”
- After the backing up, remove the SIM card from your Android phone and insert it into your iPhone.
- Install WhatsApp on your iPhone and verify your number.
- After installing it, open WhatsApp on your iPhone, and choose to restore from Google Drive.
- Your chat history will be migrated, and you’re ready to chat on your iPhone.
We’ve another solution to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. You can check them.
#2. Using Email Chat:
For several users who prefer a more manual approach, WhatsApp allows you to email individual chats to themselves. While this method doesn’t transfer media files, it’s an excellent way to preserve vital text conversations.
- Open the chat you want to transfer from an Android device to an iPhone.
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner, select “More,” and choose “Export chat.”
- Choose whether to include media files or not, and select your email app to send the chat.
- Open the email on your iPhone, and you’ll have a record of the conversation.
#3. Go With The Third-Party Tools:
Several third-party tools specialize in migrating WhatsApp data between different devices. Dr.Fone, iMobie’s AnyTrans, and MobileTrans, Move to iOS are a few well-liked choices. These tools often provide a user-friendly interface and support for various data types. Apple has made transferring WhatsApp data straightforward with Move to iOS App. Below, we will discuss the steps of how a user can do the same.
- Unlock your iPhone and follow the initial setup prompts in settings until you reach the “Apps & Data” screen. Here, select “Move Data from Android.”
- Install the ‘Move to iOS” on your Android device.
- Now choose “continue” and read and agree to the terms and conditions presented.
- Put the code that is shown on the iOS Device.
- Ensure both devices are connected with the same Wifi.
- Now select the “data transfer” option and select the data file or folder. Choose “Next” after that.
- The transferring process will start and wait till it completes the transfer.
- Choose “Done”.
- Now, all the data have been transferred.
The above mentioned solution will help you to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
#4. Utilize Google Drive and iCloud:
It is a two-step process: first, transfer the WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone using Google Drive, and then use iCloud to complete the migration.
- On your Android device, back up your WhatsApp data to Google Drive.
- Install WhatsApp on your iPhone and verify your number.
- During setup, choose to restore from Google Drive. Once completed, your chat history will be on your iPhone.
- To transfer media files, use iCloud or other file-sharing methods.
All solutions will help you to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iOS. You can opt for any of them. It totally depends upon you. Now, we will learn if some components are included or not under WhatsApp.
What WhatsApp Data Can or Cannot be Transfer to iPhone?
This information is on its official support page. WhatsApp has shared detailed information on the data you will move from Android to iPhone. We have mentioned almost all the details here:
The following section will highlight the few components or aspects that will clear all your doubts about WhatsApp data.
- Account information
- Profile picture
- Individual and group chats
- Chat history (with media)
- WhatsApp settings
Here, we will look over the aspects that are non-transferrable Whatsapp data.
- Profile display name
- Call history
- Peer-to-peer payment messages
In an era dominated by instant communication, switching from an Android to an iPhone doesn’t mean leaving your preserved WhatsApp memories behind. With the methods mentioned above, you can seamlessly transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. Moreover, it also ensures that your transition to a new device is convenient and stress-free. Choose the approach that suits your preferences, and let the conversations continue on your new iPhone.