The conversion of Excel data to VCF format is considered significant. You can utilize the manual method of the blog to perform the conversion. However, we would suggest the automated Cigati Excel to vCard Converter Tool that does not possess any of the limitations of the manual solution.
Do you want to convert Excel to VCF format? Are you searching for methods to convert your XLS and XLSX files into the VCF or vCard format? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then you have arrived at the right post. In this blog, we will be guiding you through the best solutions to migrate your Excel file to the VCF file format.
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application that is widely used for several productive tasks. It simplifies the data management problems and can store a large amount of data and implement various operations on them. However, the only thing that Excel is short of is that it cannot directly export data to other platforms. It creates a problem for users, and they start looking for alternate solutions.
Similarly, if you want to migrate your Excel contacts data to another platform or mobile, you can undertake it using Excel. It does not export the data in the VCF format. Do not worry we will provide the apt solutions for this, but before that, let us take a look at the reasons to convert Excel files to VCF format.
Reasons to Convert Excel to VCF Format
The below-mentioned reasons entice users to convert Microsoft Excel files into the VCF file format.
- The conversion helps the users increase the accessibility of the data as the VCF file format is more easily accessible on different platforms.
- VCF (Virtual Contact File) is small in size for the same amount of data as compared to the XLS and XLSX format of Excel. Therefore it helps you to save your storage space.
- vCard or VCF are less susceptible to corruption and can store large amounts of data easily in comparison to Excel data files.
All the above reasons give rise to the need to convert Excel files to VCF format. The below solution will assist you with the same.
How to Convert Excel to VCF Format?
You cannot convert the Excel data directly to the VCF file format. MS Excel exports the data only in the CSV file format. Perhaps, the below-mentioned three-step method can assist you to convert your Excel file to the VCF format. Follow these steps precisely to finish the procedure without any error.
Step1: Converting Excel Data to CSV
The first step in the process to convert Excel files to VCF format involves the conversion of the Excel file data to the CSV (Comma Separated Value) file format. It can be easily exported from the Excel application. The below steps are listed to help you through the process.
- Run the MS Excel application on your system and open the file that you want to convert to VCF.
- Now, press the Office button at the top left corner of the Excel spreadsheet.
- Choose the Save As option and then click on Other formats.
- Pick the location where you want to convert Excel to VCF on your PC.
- Here, you have to choose the CSV format under the Save As type drop-down options.
- Finally, hit the Save icon and click on Yes.
After completing the first step mentioned above, you can proceed to the next step to complete the process to convert the Excel file to VCF format.
Step2: Importing Contacts from CSV File
- Click on the Start(Windows) button and enter Contacts in the Search box.
- Now, choose the Imports tab in the Contacts window and select the CSV (Comma Separated Value) file format.
- After that, pick the CSV file that you created in the first step above by tapping on the Browse button.
- Hit the Finish icon to start the import procedure.
The last step in the process to convert Excel to VCF format is exporting these contacts to the VCF format.
Step3: Exporting Contacts to VCF
To start with the third and final step of the manual solution, you need to follow the below steps accurately. This manual solution will be complete after this step, and it does not require any software for the whole process.
- Launch the Contacts window using the Start (Windows) button.
- Then, press the Export button on the top of the Contacts window.
- Select the vCards (folder of .vcf files) option and click on Export.
- At last, choose the directory to save the VCF file and tap on OK. Your Excel file data will be stored in the VCF file format at your desired location.
It is a lengthy method to convert Excel to VCF format comprising three different steps. You will be able to get the task done but will encounter several issues. It would take a lot of time and prove to be very complex for novice users. Furthermore, it requires technical knowledge to perform it properly. If any user makes any mistake, it can lead to data loss.
Therefore, if you want to avoid all these limitations, you can opt for another solution using the Cigati Excel to vCard Converter Tool. It is prominent software that can directly convert your Excel file data to VCF file format. You can utilize the additional features of the tool to make your conversion smooth and productive. Moreover, the utility is available in a free demo version using which you can evaluate the working of the tool.
Also Read: Upgraded Method to Convert OST to TXT File
Several users want to migrate their Excel data but fail to do so due to fewer alternatives. The manual three-step method mentioned in this blog can help you to convert Excel to VCF format without the use of any software. Nonetheless, it has become obsolete because of its restrictions and errors faced by users. You can directly go for the professional third-party Excel to VCF Converter Tool method to convert your Excel data to VCF with ease.