If you worried about saving your Office 365 emails to the desktop? If yes, you have opened the right page. In this post, we will solve different queries of the users to save Office 365 emails to hard drive or desktop. So keep scrolling this post, and find answers to all your queries related to the same.
Well, Office 365 is a cloud-based email service launched by Microsoft. Earlier it was known as Outlook Web App (OWA). It offers a wide range of plans, such as integration with other email clients and an online storage platform. Since it’s a cloud-based service, so all of its data is stored in the cloud. So, users want to access Office 365 data in their local system.
Therefore, this write-up will clearly explain how to save emails from Office 365 to hard drive. Also, it covers multiple other methods, such as saving Office 365 email messages to another file and saving different messages to a single file. Thus, read this article until it’s over and choose the best method that is best for you.
Why to Backup Office 365 to External Hard Drive?
There are several reasons to backup Office 365 mailboxes to Local hard-drive. Following are the reasons behind the migration. Read all of them carefully.
- There are high chances that the data stored in the cloud is prone to virus and malware intrusions that can harm your Office 365 account.
- To view the Office 365 emails without any internet connection. As users require a stable internet connection to access their mailbox.
- A backup is required so that you can access it at any time on your PC or any external hard drive.
These are the reasons why users want to save office 365 emails to hard drive. Therefore, in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss the best-proven ways for the same.
Save Emails from Outlook 365 to Hard Drive- Manually
There are many best-proven approaches to download Office 365 emails to hard drive. In this section, we will explain the simplest ways to perform the backup or saving process. For this, we have split the process into two parts. Bu implementing these steps, you can get backup Office 365 Account to hard drive. Follow each part in a stepwise manner.
Part 1: Sync Office 365 Account to MS Outlook
In this part, you have to configure the Office 365 account into the desktop based Outlook application. For this, you have to follow the step-by-step process of the given method.
- Open the MS Outlook desktop-based application and navigate to the File tab.
- Click on the Add Account button to configure your Office 365 account within the Outlook application.
- Here enter the Office 365 Username and click on Connect button.
- Now, provide the required Password and hit the Sign in button.
- In the end, press the Allow button to allow Microsoft apps to access the Google account.
Part 2: Export Office 365 Emails to Hard Drive
Now, after the successful configuration of the Office 365 account, you have to export it into the external hard drive in the form of PST file format.
- Launch the desktop-based application on your application and move to the File tab.
- Click on the Open & Export icon to choose the Import & Export option.
- Now, choose the Export to a File option and tap on the Next button.
- Then, click on the Outlook Data File (.pst) and press the Next button.
- In the next step, select the mailbox from the configured Office 365 account that you want to backup and tap on the Next button.
- At last, choose the Destination Path within the hard drive to save the exported PST file and hit the Finish button.
With the help of both the above parts, you can successfully save Office 365 emails to hard drive. But there are some limitations that we have listed below.
- It is a lengthy and time-consuming process for the users.
- This method is tedious and has a long procedure that requires more effort to perform.
- Non-technical users find it difficult to perform as it requires technical knowledge.
Backup Office 365 Using Automated Approach
To avoid all the complications in the above manual method we have introduced the Cigati Office 365 Backup Tool. It is the most proficient solution to save or backup your Office 365 mailbox into PDF, PST, MSG, JSON, HTML, EML, DOCX, etc. Also, you can save Office 365 email to Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Thunderbird, IMAP, Hotmail, and many more cloud-based email services. Moreover, users can backup Microsoft Office 365 mailbox or PC. Apart from that, it has an easy-to-use GUI.
In the above post, we have discussed the two best ways to save Office 365 emails to hard drive or desktop. So, users can choose the best method from both to save their Office 365 emails into the external hard drive. As the manual approach has some drawbacks, so we recommend users opt for the professional approach to directly save their emails to the hard drive. Furthermore, you can evaluate the free demo version of the software before buying the complete version.