In this blog, we will discuss the simple and secure techniques to restore SQL database systems. To know the complete process, you need to follow every step of the manual approach in the same direction. Also, we will suggest the best alternative that makes it easy to restore database SQL server.
Structured Query Language (SQL) is a programming language that facilitates data retrieval, administration, and storage in a relational database management system. SQL Query refers to the declarative nature of the SQL statements.
SQL Server databases are susceptible to corruption or destruction due to Server crashes, maintenance downtime, or other difficulties. Since many organizations rely on Microsoft SQL Server for data storage and bulk records holding private and operational information about the firm.
Therefore, it is essential for businesses to perform frequent, complete database backups to guarantee that SQL data is accessible at all times. When the SQL Server becomes available again after a maintenance downtime, the existing database must sometimes be replaced with a full database backup. Let’s discuss some crucial reasons to recover SQL database servers.
Why Users Need to Restore SQL Database?
The SQL Server backup and restore component is an important protection for preserving sensitive data in SQL Server databases. To reduce catastrophic data loss, you must regularly back up your databases to preserve data revisions. A well-planned backup and restoration strategy protects databases from data loss caused by several problems. Test your plan by restoring a set of backups and then restoring your database to be prepared to respond to a crisis. With reliable database backup, you may restore data from various errors, including media failure and other important data.
Also Read: Repair Corrupt VHD File
Manual Approach to Restore SQL database
Before starting the method, you need to check the prerequisites to be fulfilled and the steps to restore SQL database to backup manually from SQL Server database.
Pre-requirements to Restore SQL Server
- Administrator rights of SQL Server
- Availability of SQL database backup file
- Available transaction log backup in SQL server
Using SQL Management Studio Backup Database
To perform the below-mentioned steps to restore SQL database from the backup file to the existing database on the server using the Restore Database tool of SQL Server Management Studio.
- Firstly, launch the SQL Server Management Studio or SSMS application on your system.
- Then, you need to connect with SQL Server.
- Move to the Object Explorer, choose the server name, and expand it.
- Select Restore Database from the drop-down menu that appears when you right-click the selected existing database name.
- On the new screen, open the Restore Database window, and pick the Device option under the Source section.
- Now, click the three dots to open the browser and select file as the Backup media type on the Select backup devices box.
- Then, click on the Add button and hit the OK button. It redirects back to the restore SQL database window.
- The Database to be restored will be shown under Device and Destination.
- Here you have to choose the Options button from the panel on the left.
- After that, select the “Overwrite the existing database” checkbox in the Restore settings section of the right panel to replace or overwrite the existing database.
- Select the checkbox labeled “Leave the database ready to use by rolling back uncommitted transactions” in the Recovery database section. Additional transaction logs are not recoverable. (RESTORE WITH RECOVERY)” and then click the OK button.
- To backup database SQL server procedure has been started, and you can see the live process of the SQL recovery.
- Once the SQL server backup and restore are complete, the last confirmation message reads, “The database restore has been completed successfully.” Click on the Accept button.
The SQL server management studio backup database method has a lengthy process. Also, this method has some limitations. It is a highly time-consuming method, and you need to require technical knowledge to implement the steps. Therefore, we have recommended a better alternate solution to backup the database SQL server.
Automated SQL Recovery Tool to Backup All Databases SQL Server
If you want to overcome all the drawbacks of the manual method, then you can try the Cigati SQL Recovery Tool. This tool is the most widely used online software to restore & recover corrupt SQL database MDF & NDF files effortlessly without altering the data. The advanced software that works on the latest technology makes a process easy.
Also, you can easily see SQL restore database from backup after using this software. Moreover, this software can backup SQL database objects like tables, stored procedures, views, programmability, triggers, and other functions. The SQL backup tool has many advanced features that users can use per their requirements. You can also export data from SQL server to CSV files.
Top Rated Features of SQL Recovery Software
- This SQL Recovery tool can easily recover SQL Database Files, including tables, stored procedures, views, programmability, default, triggers, and other functions.
- You can export recovered files with a Schema part of a corrupt MDF file into a new database file.
- This advanced software can easily recover both MDF & NDF Files in the SQL Server.
- This tool offers to restore SQL Database into SQL Table and record into CSV format.
- SQL Repair Tool allows preview, and this tool supports Dual Recovery Mode.
- You can restore SQL Database into a New SQL Database and save the recovered database into SQL Scripts.
We have discussed the manual approach to getting SQL Database backup with a simple guide. But this method has huge limitations and requires technical expertise to implement. On the other hand, to overcome all drawbacks of this manual method and get a quick solution, you can try the professional tool to restore SQL database within a few clicks.