How To Troubleshoot Outlook 2016 Error Code 0x800ccc78
The Outlook Error Code 0x800ccc78 is the most typical error encountered while working with Microsoft Outlook.
I understand that nothing will be more irritating than this when you have to share important data and you are not able to do that just because of Outlook 2016 Error Code 0x800ccc78.
Well don’t worry, with this article I will explain to you some simple tricks and tips that will help to troubleshoot such error, you can easily do it even without a having technical background
so let’s start it.
What Is This Error About?
Let’s consider a situation where you were trying to receive/send mail from your important client but as soon as you clicked on send/receive button you come across with pop-up access denied, this is due to the Outlook Error Code 0x800ccc78.
This outlook error arises when there is some problem with SMTP (outgoing server) when not verified.
It can transmit in any version of Microsoft Outlook other than Outlook 2016. It is Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013.
Reasons for Origin Of Outlook 2016 Error Code 0x800ccc78 Error
It is important to get the whole knowledge about the reasons behind the occurrence of such errors, then only you can resolve it in a better way.
So let’s discover the reasons first:
- Forgotten authentication on outgoing server settings
- Mail relay
- Sending emails from an invalid email address
Methods To Resolve Outlook Error Code 0x800ccc78
Manual ways for resolving any errors makes it easier to resolve the error, so before going for any other recovery software you must try the manual method.
Below, I have explained Two easy manual methods to resolve error 0x800ccc78:
METHOD #1: Setting Your SMTP Server
- Open Outlook, click on Tools in the menu and after that Email Accounts.
- Now, click on the email and choose the email account which showing an error.
- Then click on the mail that you have chosen and go to the ‘More Setting’.
- Click on outgoing SMTP and ‘My Going Server Require Authentication’ checkbox.
METHOD #3: Resetting The Outgoing Port
If you found that the above method is not working then you can follow the steps given below:
- Open MS Outlook.
- Go to the tool button and select ‘Account Setting Option’ and double click on it.
- Now, click Next to view to get the next email account or change the ‘Email Account Setting’.
- double click on mail account setting.
- Click on more setting options.
- Then, click on the advanced tab.
- Check the port number for the outgoing server to ‘587’.
The above-discussed methods are efficient to resolve the error but in case you are still facing a problem then you have to go for a technical data recovery tool.
Such one software that I know about is Cigati PST Exporter.
I have used it many times and found this software ultimate in resolving such types of error.so If you were not able to resolve the issue with the above methods then here I will highly recommend you to use this tool once.
This article discusses all the possible ways through which you can resolve your issues related to Outlook Error Code 0x800ccc78, The article includes both the method whether it is manual or it is software-based.it is good to go manually first then you can try any tool.