How to convert OST to MSG file format
Wondering about how to convert OST to MSG? Well If yes, this is the best guide for you. Here, you will get an idea about OST and MSG file format.
OST (Offline Storage Table) is just a copy of the Exchange server mailbox on local computers. It means that when Outlook is configured with the popular Exchange Server mail server, OST files are generated. Therefore, in addition to making contact with the server, you can still access emails, contacts, calendar, etc. The user can perform the task offline, and whenever the server is connected, the mailbox is updated automatically.
MSG file is the only message from the PST file. Contains email data including header, links, email body, email properties, etc.
Reasons to convert OST to MSG file format:
Exchange OST files are at risk of corruption due to Exchange Server failures, malware attacks, file head corruption, hard drive sectors, unwanted Outlook exits, etc. There may be a situation where you need to send emails OST in a separate Outlook user mailbox. In this case, users have to convert to MSG format because you cannot export OST to different user profiles.
Now, after knowing the reasons, it is important to explore the methods the user can use with specific technical knowledge.
How can you convert OST to MSG using manual Methods?
Converts from OST files to MSG in the following steps:
- Open the Outlook app.
- Then select the message you want to convey in MSG format.
- Hit the file >> Save as.
- Select a location and save the file name. Press Save.
Using the drag-and-drop method, the user can easily save emails in MSG format from any version of Outlook.
However, with this text solution, there may be a chance of losing important post content during the conversion process. Also, some common challenges faced by many users while making handmade methods are given below:
- Each step takes a lot of time to process.
- The difficulty of the steps increases with each step.
- Only a tech user can understand its functionality.
- If one step is accidentally skipped, you will have to follow the procedure from the beginning.
Alternate Solution: OST to MSG Converter
Users need to recover corrupted OST files and convert them into Outlook supported MSG format. Therefore, they want a solution to convert OST to MSG. In such a case, a technical solution like OST Converter to PST tool comes as a powerful solution for OST and MSG conversion. It can not only recover damaged OST files in extreme cases but also be able to move them smoothly in MSG format.
The OST to MSG Converter software offers many smart features such as batch or selected conversion, naming, date filtering option, preview option, etc. compatible with all Microsoft Exchange Server, MS Outlook, and Windows OS versions.
How to convert OST to MSG format?
With the OST conversion to MSG, you should do the following steps:
1. First, install and use OST in MSG Converter Software and click on the Add File option to select the OST file you need to export in MSG format.
2. After that, click the Export button to move the selected items from the OST file.
3. In this step, you must select the Export type. Here, click on the radio button next to MSG sending as a Mail Message (. Msg) file. After that, go to the advanced settings option.
4. Now, you can use several naming sessions, day filters, and then select categories. After selecting all of these, click the Save button to save the settings.
5. After that, the message “Settings saved successfully” will appear, just click on the OK button.
6. In this step, click the Browse button to select your destination.
7. Now, click the export button to convert OST to MSG format.
8. After that, a notification appears in front of you indicating the successful status of the migration process. Just click the Ok button.
In this post, we explained how to convert the OST file to MSG format using a fast, reliable, and automated solution. Also, convert OST to EML and includes all the necessary steps to recover corrupted OST files and save them in MSG format, and all the main reasons for this convert are also explained.