How To Open VMDK file in Window 10/8/7/XP
If you are searching for How To Open VMDK file but unable to find and right solution till now then, no need to worry as in this blog we will learn about the VMDK file and How To Open VMDK file.
What is the VMDK file?
VMDK file refers to “Virtual Machine Disk.” Basically, it is an open file format provided by VMware and mostly used for the services for cloud computing.
VMDK files are virtual disk files containing all the information of the Virtual Machine. A virtual machine has all the necessary information in a single disk, which allows it to perform the independent operation. In fact, the VMDK file extension is highly compatible with Winzip and meant for server operation.
Also Read About Outlook unknown error 0x80072f05.
Reasons for VMDK file Getting Corrupted
Reasons due to which the VMDK file gets corrupted are:
- One of the most important reasons is its descriptor corruption. If the descriptor gets corrupted then there are nice probabilities that your file won’t open.
- Another reason is missing descriptor files for delta disk.
So, if you are worried about your corrupted VMDK files, then no need to worry as there are the various solution with which you can easily open your data.
Various versions of Windows and MAC that support VMDK files
- Window 10
- Window 8
- Window Vista
- Window XP
- Mac OS X,10.8,10.9,10.10
- Intel 64-bit processor
How to Open VMDK File | Complete Procedures
- Save the .vmdk file to the desktop.
- Start WinZip from your start menu. Now, open the compressed file by clicking on file>open. If your system has the compressed file extension associated with your WinZip program, then double click on the file.
- Now you have to select all the files inside the compressed folder and if you want to select only the single file then press the CTRL key along with the left key.
- Choose the destination where you want to unzip the folder and extract all the files.
Now, you know what is VMDK format and how to open it.
What if your VMDK file may Corrupt?
One of the simplest ways in which to try and do this is often by employing a sensible software system. So, if you work according to the expert’s suggestion then, you have to move on to Aryson VMDK Recovery Software which recovers all your VMDK files in a single click.
This online application is one amongst the simplest accessible tools to look at and to know – How to open VMDK file in Windows 10,8,7, and alternative versions and the plus point about this tool is that it provides users a free demo version that helps you to judge the whole options that software is providing.
In the above blog, we have covered all the methods regarding How To Open VMDK file in Window 10/8/7/XP. Apart from this, we’ll get to know about the VMDK file, reasons for its corruption, and the Windows and Mac version that supports the VMDK file.
If you want to know anything more about this issue then you can comment us below. We’ll happy to give you solutions regarding your queries.