Summary: Do you also seek an alternative to open MBOX file in Thunderbird? Then this write-up is for you. In this guide, you will get reliable and authentic ways to import MBOX file into Mozilla Thunderbird. In addition, you can also accomplish this task with Cigati MBOX Converter Tool.
In today’s era, we believe in diversity, even if it will be email. Because every email provider is unique in itself. Therefore, many users use different email services for their use. And they were looking for an email client that handles all their email services in a single place like Mozilla Thunderbird.
Thunderbird is an open-source application that offers you to add multiple email accounts in a single place. It makes it easy for customers to manage their all accounts simultaneously. It saves its data in MBOX format. In addition, there are other email providers such as Apple Mail, Entourage, Qualcomm Eudora, and others, that save their email data in MBOX format. Therefore, many users want to import MBOX file to Thunderbird.
The specialty of this file format(MBOX) is that it is compatible with Windows and Mac. In addition, it offers a unique feature to its users to supervise their different accounts altogether. So, in the following section, we will detail the techniques to access MBOX files in Mozilla Thunderbird.
Ways to Open MBOX file in Thunderbird
This method is based on traditional approaches. However, you may opt for different and easy ways to perform this migration. It is highly advisable to backup your data if you are a novice. Here is full detail about them below.
Steps to View MBOX File in Thunderbird
- Access the Thunderbird application on the machine where you want to see your MBOX files.
- Go to the Tools option > ImportExportTools NG > Import MBOX file.
- Following, choose the Import directly one or more MBOX files option from the list of choices. Click OK.
- Next, after selecting the choice, reach the destination where your MBOX files reside.
- From there, add the files, and then you can open MBOX file in Thunderbird.
Following the above points, you can see your MBOX data in the Thunderbird application.
The above steps are useful for you when your data reside in any other place on your machine. Furthermore, the traditional approach mentioned above has a few drawbacks. In addition, there are certain disadvantages of the above manual method. A list of a few of them is detailed below.
Why Shouldn’t Prefer Traditional Approach to Open MBOX File in Thunderbird
Although the manual method described above is simple to use, it has some drawbacks.
- Sometimes, you may face difficulty in downloading the Thunderbird application and managing its settings.
- Often you experience issues in importing MBOX files.
- Most of the time, the MBOX files you added were prone to corruption.
- When you import MBOX file to Thunderbird, you need to spend extra time and attention on this migration.
- Opening and Viewing MBOX files in Thunderbird is such a tedious task. You need to possess technical expertise while dealing with viewing MBOX files.
These are just a few disadvantages of manual techniques. In some cases, there is a high- risk of data loss. In this case, you can enlist the help of an automated tool. That could make your migration task easier and prevent data loss.
Advanced Approach to Import MBOX File into Thunderbird
The Cigati MBOX Converter is a one-time investment for all your MBOX files. It gives you a soothing experience in migration, MBOX files with or without attachments. You can also migrate MBOX files in Thunderbird, as well as in 15+ file formats and email clients. In addition, there are certain advantages to the tool; below is a list of a few of them.
Why Prefer MBOX Converter to Import MBOX file into Thunderbird
There are several benefits to using a tool, and it is specially designed for users. Here is a glance at a few.
- Users can convert MBOX to HTML, PST, PDF, JSON, DOC, DOCX, and many other file formats.
- You can save your MBOX file data with or without attachments.
- This utility securely migrates your MBOX data into Google, Hostgator, Yahoo Mail, Office 365, Opera Mail, iCloud, and others, despite Thunderbird.
- Your machine can save your storage by deleting duplicate emails.
- You can convert the MBOX file into your desired file format or email client in bulk and with no data loss.
These are some advantages of the utility, which you can avail of after its licensed or demo version.
I hope you can open MBOX file in Thunderbird. However, we provided you with manual approaches that have certain limitations. And in some cases, the user also loses their data. So, in this case, we suggest you use professional software. It not only migrates your MBOX files into Thunderbird but also offers to transfer into more than 15 file formats and email clients.