How to Move OLM to Hotmail?
Are you searching for different means to Move OLM to Hotmail? If yes, then you tap on the right blog. As here, I will explain to you the whole process in detail and by different methods.
The popularity of the Microsoft Outlook is not hidden from anyone. It is known as the highly-rated email client designed for both Windows and Mac OS users. Thus, individuals who highly depend on OLM emails always require to transfer OLM files into Hotmail.
Therefore, it is necessary to know the procedure to import OLM into Hotmail. But first, let me discuss the reasons so that you can understand this migration easily.
Reasons to Transfer OLM to Hotmail:
If a user wants to access Mac Outlook emails in Windows Outlook then, you have to Migrate OLM to Hotmail. There are several reasons to Send OLM file to Hotmail. Few of them given below:
- Sharing purpose – OLM emails are required to share with colleagues who are also using Windows systems.
- Direct method: There is no direct approach that can make Outlook for Mac emails available in Windows Outlook.
- Different sites: Many employees use Windows and Mac systems at different locations.
Thus, these reasons are enough to influence the users to transfer OLM to Hotmail. Now, we know the reasons, let’s learn the different methods for it.
A DIY Trick to Move OLM to Hotmail:
There are 3 steps to transfer OLM files into Hotmail account.
Step 1: Moving OLM into PST file format
Step 2: Importing PST files into Windows Outlook
Step 3: Connecting Outlook to Method 1: Transferring Outlook for Mac Data (OLM File)
Method 1: Move OLM to PST
- Tap on the Tools tab, choose an Export option to transport Outlook data to OLM file format.
Note: if you can’t see the Export button then install the latest version of Outlook.
- In the dialog box, Export to Archive File (.olm), choose the desired items that you want to export (from Mail, Tasks, Calendar, Notes, and Contacts) and tap on the Continue.
- Then, from the Save Archive File (.olm) as dialog box, search for Favorites in the left pane, select Downloads folder, and tap on the Save.
- At last, once your data exported, then you’ll receive a notification. Tap on the Finish to finalize the last step.
Method 2: Import your PST Files into Windows Outlook
- First, open MS Outlook and choose File.
- Then, choose Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- In the Import and Export wizard, choose Import from another program or file, and then tap on the Next.
- Then, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and tap on the Next.
- Choose the file to import by tapping on the Browse button; under Options choose the right option and tap on Next.
- Finally, choose Import items into the current folder and tap on Finish.
Method 3: Approach OLM data in Outlook by using IMAP Email Server
You can easily approach your OLM data in Outlook 2016 through IMAP email server You can follow these steps to understand the whole process:
- First, open your Outlook 2016 on your Windows system.
- In MS Outlook configure your IMAP email account.
- Once the account is set up, then transfer Outlook for Mac data items into the IMAP mailbox.
- When the OLM file’s data is transported to your IMAP account, then, it will display in Outlook by default.
These manual methods are very useful to Send OLM file to Hotmail. In case, if you are unable to perform these methods then try the alternative tool. This tool can quickly perform the whole process safely and securely.
An Alternative Tool
You can use OLM Converter tool that will help in transporting your OLM files into PST, EML, MSG, and MBOX file formats. Also, there is a migration possible to email clients like OLM to Gmail and Yahoo. The software also offers the Free OLM to PST converter to examine the software before purchase.
In this blog, I have provided detailed information to move OLM to Hotmail both manually and alternative methods. Users can choose any of the following to perform the whole process. In case, they don’t want to perform a long procedure then they can try the alternative method.