If you are looking for an instant solution to migrate Outlook to Gmail, yes have opened the right post. In this write-up, we will introduce the manual and the automated approach to transfer emails from Outlook to Gmail without any effort. So, stay tuned to this article, to know each method in detail.
In this modern era, MS Outlook is a widely used desktop-based email service all over the world. Also, it is a desktop-based, email application on Windows and a web-based email client on Mac operating system. Microsoft Outlook manages and stores mailbox content such as contacts, calendars, journals, and many more.
Apart from that, it also provides multiple advanced features that help users to perform email tasks in an easy way. On the other hand, Gmail is a free web-based/cloud-based service for users offered by Google. It manages, stores, and organizes contacts, including their phone number, email address, etc. So, if you want to migrate outlook to Gmail, continue reading this post.
Why Migrate From Outlook to Gmail?
There are many possible reasons behind Outlook to Gmail migration, we have listed some of the major reasons below. Carefully read them and analyze them.
- Gmail offers better hosting to many other email services that are vital for sensitive information.
- Google Mail offers a huge amount of storage space to its users as compared to Outlook.
- A low-cost, zero maintenance and data storage service is offered by Gmail while Outlook does not offer the same.
- Gmail is inbuilt with highly advanced features that help users in organizing their mail.
After reading all the above-listed reasons, an urge will create in the users to Migrate Outlook to Gmail accounts as soon as possible. So, let’s move ahead towards validating solutions for the same. Sometimes, users have a different query and you need to transfer Gmail emails to Outlook. Then, you can follow this informative article to get complete information.
Also Read: Migrate Yandex to Gmail
How to Migrate Emails From Outlook to Gmail?
To Migrate Outlook Emails to Gmail manually, you need to follow the solutions we have discussed below. In this section, we have split the process into multiple parts. Although it is an easy process, it consumes more time and effort for the users. So to achieve this, you have to migrate all your Outlook emails to the Gmail client.
Part 1: Enable IMAP in Gmail Account
- Sign in to your Gmail account to backup your Outlook emails.
- Move to the Gear icon and click on See All Settings option.
- Then, in the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab Enable IMAP in front of IMAP access.
- After that, hit the Save button to turn on IMAP.
Part 2: Add Gmail Account to Outlook
- Launch the Outlook application that you want to backup.
- Now, navigate to the File tab and move to the Add account button.
- Here enter the Gmail address in which you want to backup Outlook emails and tap on the Connect button.
- Then, confirm the Gmail address and hit the Next button.
- Enter the password and press the Sign-in button.
- After this, press the Allow button to allow Microsoft apps and services to access your Google Account.
- At last, your Gmail account is successfully configured with the Outlook application and you can view your Gmail account on the left panel of the Outlook.
Part 3: Transfer PST to Gmail
In this part, we will discuss the most essential steps to migrate outlook to Gmail. you have to copy your Outlook file data to the Gmail account by creating a new folder.
- First, you have to Right-Click on the Gmail account to create a new folder by entering the name to the folder and then click the Ok button.
- Choose the emails using the Ctrl+A button.
- Now, right-click on it to select the Move option.
- After that, choose the Newly Created folder to export the Outlook emails to Gmail.
- Finally, wait till the process is successfully completed.
Also Read: Add Hotmail Account to Gmail Accounts
As we have already discussed above, the process is lengthy and time-consuming. So, in the upcoming section, we are going to introduce the professional approach to migrate Outlook to Gmail accounts directly.
Professional Approach to Migrate Outlook PST Emails to Gmail
Cigati PST File Converter Tool is the top-notch solution to convert or backup Outlook PST files into MBOX, MSG, EML, EMLX, PDF, CSV, GIF, etc. Also, the software allows users to migrate Outlook PST files to Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo Mail, AOL, Thunderbird, and many more web-based email services. Apart from that, this utility is fully loaded with multiple advanced features that provide a smooth working experience to its users.
Now, to convert Outlook PST file to Gmail account, you need to follow the given below steps in a proper sequence.
- Download and Run Cigati PST Converter Tool (as administrator).
- Choose the Single or Multiple options to add the Outlook PST file.
- Click on the Browse button to choose the PST file accordingly.
- Now, Tick the Required Folder from the displayed tree structure and press the next button.
- Choose the Gmail email client from the given drop-down menu.
- Here enter the Login Credentials of the Gmail account and press the Sign in button.
- Mark the Additional Features as per your requirement.
- In the end, hit the Convert button to start the conversion process.
Using the above process users can transfer from Outlook to Gmail instantly.
We must be aware that Gmail is a widely used email application. In the above post, we have discussed the manual and the professional approach. As we already mentioned that the manual approach has some limitations, due to which we recommend users to opt for the professional approach to migrate Outlook to Gmail instantly. Moreover, you can evaluate the software working by installing the free demo version of the software. On the reverse side, you can also know the process to add Gmail to Outlook email client.