We usually use Google services for personal use. We prefer Google Drive to save our content, such as audio, video, Docs, PDFs, documents, etc. On the other hand, Microsoft is the industry leader for business needs and provides OneDrive to store our vital content data. Therefore, many users are looking for the best solution to Migrate Google Drive to Office 365.
This article focuses on those users who seek the best alternative for swiftly migrating their Google Drive data to OneDrive. Those who want to access their data from a single Cloud because they want to manage their two accounts simultaneously. So, further, we will discuss some reliable and preeminent techniques that can help you transfer Google Drive to Office 365.
Methods to Move Google Drive to Office 365 Cloud
While we discuss approaches, we have manual and automated approaches to migrate Google Drive data to Microsoft Cloud. In this series, we’ll first discuss the manual technique. Make sure you have successfully logged in with Google Drive and OneDrive with the same or another account. Otherwise, you may face difficulty with migration tasks.
Migrate Data from Google Drive to Office 365 With a DIY Approach
If you proceed with this approach, then this technique will bifurcate into two stages.
Stage 1: Select data from Google Drive and create its zip.
Stage 2: Unlock that zip file and extract (optional).
Stage 3: Upload the extracted files to Office 365 (OneDrive).
Let us elaborate on each stage.
Stage 1: Select Data from Google Drive and Create its zip
- Access your Google Drive.
- Select the Files or folders from the Google Drive that you seek to migrate to Microsoft 365.
- Right-click on the folder and tap the Download button.
- Your selected files will download in a zip folder.
- Save that zip file at your desired location.
Stage 2: Unlock that zip File and Extract
- Select the zip file where you have saved it.
- Right-click on that chosen folder, and tap the Extract Here option.
- Your files will extract at your selected location.
Stage 3: Upload the Extracted Files to Office 365 (OneDrive)
- Log in to your Office 365 account, and select the OneDrive option.
- Following, select the Upload option.
- Choose Files or folder under the Upload option.
- Go to the file location where you have last saved it.
- Finally, all your selected Google Drive files will start reflecting in OneDrive.
These are stages for Google Drive to Office 365 migration. But if you proceed with this manual approach, you may face some issues. The details of the issues are illustrated below.
Limitations of the Manual Approach
- You have to unzip these files, which were created by Google Drive.
- During extraction, it diverges into many fractions, and each needs a separate space to save.
- It will be difficult to manage the whole data after the extraction
- You will be also unable to fetch the new data from your Google Drive.
- With this approach, you are unable to migrate Google’s other applications like Contacts, Calendars, Gmail data, etc.
- It is a time-consuming task with no direct approach.
However, the G-Suite Backup Tool can help you get rid of them.
Migrate Google Drive to Office 365 With an Automated Approach
The Cigati G-Suite Backup tool allows users to save Google applications such as Gmail, Google Drive, Contacts, and Calendars to Office 365. In addition, to migrate Google Drive to Office 365, you can save your data in multiple file formats, including EML, EMLX, MBOX, PST, PDF, and HTML. Moreover, this utility also offers you so many features. The list of features is detailed below.
Why Choose Us?
- Migrate your Gmail, Contacts, and Calendars other than Google Drive.
- Export your Google Mailbox to several formats like PDF, PST, EML, EMLX, and more.
- It unloads you with the problem of duplicate emails.
- It offers you to migrate your data within two date spans.
- Compatible with Windows 11 and its earlier versions.
- Tech- support around the clock.
In this write-up, we discussed some manual and professional approaches to migrate Google Drive to Office 365. Whereas, the manual method is complex, time-consuming, and unable to migrate other Google applications simultaneously. In contrast, the G-Suite backup tool is packed with sophisticated features and enables secure migration for its users.