Microsoft Office 365 is an online, hosted version of Microsoft Office. This subscription-based online service includes Office, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online Lync Online, Lync Online, Lync Online, Microsoft Office Web Apps, and Lync Online. Nowadays, most of people want to migrate from Office 365 to Google Workspace.
On the other hand, Google Workspace is Google’s new productivity toolkit. These are the productive tools such as Calendar, Gmail and Drive, Docs and Slides, Meet and Keep, Forms and Sites, Currents, Sheets, and Forms.
Businesses need multiple applications, no matter how many methods there may be to accomplish their work. It is expensive to install so many apps. It can lead to financial strain. Cloud apps are becoming more popular. Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, are two of the most prominent examples.
Also Read: Migrate Zoho Mail to Google Workspace
Why Do Users Need to Migrate from Office 365 to Google Workspace
- Users can access Google Workspace online. It is also available offline. Microsoft 365 can be used offline but does not provide web-based versions.
- Google Workspace is more straightforward to use than Office 365, while the interface & features of Office 365 are more difficult for new users.
- Google Workspace allows you to access multiple services such as Docs, Sheets, and Slides. It is also much easier to use than Office 365.
- Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace are different in that users must download and install Microsoft 365 applications. Google Workplace services, on the other hand, are available in web-based versions.
DMS for Microsoft Office 365 and Google Workspace Migration
Google Workspace offers a native data migration option. But, it’s not an easy task to use. You will first need to meet some prerequisites before migrate from Office 365 to Google Workspace.
- Google account for destination
- Create roles for Microsoft 365 accounts
Assume that you have created destination accounts. Let’s now learn how to create roles for O365 accounts.
- Register for a Microsoft 365 account and open the Admin panel.
- For desktop version, visit Apps >> Security & Compliance>> exchange.
- You can directly click on exchange in the web version.
- Now, click on the Permissions button.
- Here tap on the + icon and fill out the Name field. In the Roles section, click on + again. Add two roles here – ApplicationImpersonation and ViewOnly-Configuration.
- Then, click on the Save button.
- After that, visit user roles and tap on the + button.
- To connect to Office 365, add one account, preferably the admin account. You don’t need to add all accounts to Office 365 to Google Workspace Migration.
- Allow 30 minutes for the changes to take effect.
- After you have completed the prerequisite, it’s time to migrate from Office 365 to Google Workspace.
Manual Process to Migrate Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace
- Click on Data Migration in the Google Workspace admin console then select Email.
- Fill in the following information-
– Migration source: Microsoft Office 365
– Connection protocol: Exchange Web Services
– URL: Web address for migrating Outlook account
– Role: Email ID and Password for Account Used in Pre-requisite
- Click on Connect.
- Select a date option that suits your needs and click Selected Users.
- Select the source Google Workspace accounts you wish to migrate data to and the destination Office 365 accounts.
- Click on the start button.
- This process of migration can take time and steps are complicated and need technical knowledge to implement the steps.
Also Read: Migrate Gmail to Office 365 Account
Professional Method to Migrate from Office 365 to Google Workspace
If you tried the manual method to Migrate Office 365 to Google Workspace and face difficulty in migration. In that case, you can try the Cigati Office 365 email backup tool that is the most secure and reliable tool to export Office 365 to Google Workspace. This tool can easily backup and migrate Office 365 email data, including all the attachments. Also, you can get a backup Office 365 tool to effectively save into MSG, JSON, EML, PST, HTML, DOCX, etc.
Moreover, this advanced tool can easily backup or migrate Office 365 mailbox to other email clients such as Gmail, Thunderbird, Yahoo Mail, IMAP, Hotmail, etc. Additionally, this tool has many advanced options that you can use while migrate from microsoft 365 to google workspace, and let’s discuss some of the highlighted features:
- This tool provides an option to remove duplicate mail while backup or migrating.
- Get backup Office 365 emails in different file formats like PST, EMLX, MBOX, DOC, PNG, JPG, etc.
- You can direct migrate the Office 365 account mailbox to AOL, Opera Mail, Live Exchange, iCloud, Gmail, etc.
- Users can use the options of mail filter and task filter during migration.
- This productive utility can easily backup Office 365 email items like Contacts, Calendars, Journals, etc., along with the emails.
- Office 365 backup tool is more compatible with Windows 11 and all the below versions.
In this article, we have discussed the most secure and reliable method to migrate from Office 365 to Google Workspace. Firstly, we have provides manual steps, and these steps required technical expertise to implement. After that, we have provided the best professional approach that maintains the data integrity.