Due to the various amazing features of Office 365, several users want to import OST to Office 365. MS Office 365 is a widely used cloud service provided by Microsoft. This service allows you to easily access Microsoft’s various applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Lync, OneNote, PowerPoint, etc. Independent of device, and location. But it’s not that simple and easier to move OST to Office 365. So here, in this article, we will discuss various methods to convert ost to office 365.
But before we discuss the methods, it is important to understand the benefits to import Outlook OST to Office 365.
Upload OST to Office 365: Benefits
Users migrate from OST to office 365 a cloud platform due to its various advantages. You can access Emails in Office 365 only with the proper internet connectivity. Numerous Exchange users store copies of their Exchange mailboxes on Office 365. To make it easier users can import OST to Office 365 accounts.
Here we will discuss the methods to do so. But before that, let’s see the causes due to which users move OST files to Office 365.
Factors by which user Migrate from OST to Office 365:
There may be various reasons to move the Offline Outlook data file to Office 365. Here are some common causes due to which one add OST to Office 365:
- Due to the Organization’s need to leverage the Office 365 benefits
- Sometimes an OST file gets crashed or corrupt and becomes the reason for migration.
- In order to get rid of big Exchange maintenance downtime
- To access the data quickly in a safe and secure environment after any unintentional deletion.
So here we discussed common causes due to which users move OST files into Office 365. Now let’s continue towards the methods to migrate Outlook OST to Office 365.
Also Check: Realistic Ways to Migrate OST to MBOX
Methods. Import OST to Office 365 with Indirect or Manual Techniques:
To convert OST to Office 365 manually, you need to execute the below two steps:
- First, you need to convert the OST Files to PST Files
- Import the resultant PST files to Office 365
Step1. Move OST to Outlook PST
Go through the below instructions to move OST files to Office 365:
- Firstly, View MS Outlook and tap on File option
- Secondly, choose the Open and Export option >> select Import and Export option
- Thirdly, choose to Export to a file and press on Next button
- Choose the Outlook data file (PST)
- Now, select the folders required conversion, choose the checkbox to add sub-folders, and hit on the Next.
- Now define a location to import and hit on the Finish button.
After exporting Outlook OST files to PST, move the resultant PST files to Office 365.
Step 2. Import Resultant PST Files to Office 365:
Importing PST Files to Office 365 is the second step, you need to execute to import OST to Office 365. Go as per the instructed steps below:
- Firstly, move ahead to sign in your Office 365 account
- Secondly, reach to Admin Center of Exchange Server
- Now from the displayed Exchange Admin Center window, choose Permissions and double tap on Organization Management.
- From the displayed pop-up, press on the “+ sign” and choose the Mailbox Import Export.
- Press on the Add and select OK
- Now, choose Mailbox Import Export again and select Save
- Again go to the Admin Center
- Choose the Setup followed by Data Migration
- Tap on the Upload file
- Choose the New Import Job
- Enter the job name and press on the Next. Use the lowercase letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores.
- Choose the option Upload Your Data from the Do you want to upload or ship data? Window and then hit on the Next
- Go to the displayed Import data page, press on the Show network, and move SAS URL
- Now, Copy the shown SAS URL
- Press on the Download Azure AzCopy and download or launch the tool
- Reach to the directory where you installed the AzCopy.exe tool
- Run the below-given command:
AzCopy.exe /Source:<Location of PST files> /Dest:<SAS URL> /V:<Log file location> /Y
- After executing the command, you will see status messages.
- Now, make a CSV file that defines which user mailboxes the PST files will be exported to.
- After this, just get on to the Import data page and pick “I’m done uploading my files and I have access to the mapping file” checkbox. Then, just tap the Next button.
- After selecting the mapping file window press on the +Select mapping file option and give a CSV mapping file.
- Press on validate. After you press on the validate, the file name gets changed to green once it gets successfully updated.
- Finally, press on the Save option and Close.
Here, we discussed the different methods to import OST to Office 365. But the above-discussed methods are lengthy and complex. If you are not experienced in technical expertise or don’t have much time. Then you can use the OST Converter Tool that directly imports OST files to Office 365. Using this tool one can also convert OST file to TXT, PST, PDF, HTML, and other file formats. Using this utility software, you can move OST to Office 365 very reliably. Even you don’t need to have technical expertise.
Through this post, we tried to express some solutions to import OST to Office 365. I hope, after reading the blog you can easily move the OST files to Office 365. However, if you fail to do so with manual techniques then you can also use an OST converter Tool.