Top Rated Way to Import EML to Office 365 – Reasons & Solutions
If you are looking for a reliable solution to import EML to Office 365, then in this write-up you can get all possible methods or techniques to import EML files to Outlook 365.
EML is the file format used for electronic mail or email. It is widely used in Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, and other standard email programs. But, many users face problems in the EML file formats. SO, to overcome the problems users want to migrate EML messages to Office 365.
On the other hand, Office 365 is a high-rated web cloud email client. It contains mailbox items such as calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, and bookmarks in your inbox. Now, the question raised by many users is how to import EML files into Office 365 Cloud. Here we will solve all the users’ queries.
Before jumping on the solution, you need to know all the probable causes to import EML to Office 365.
Probable Reason to Export EML to Office 365
There are some causes to upload EML to Office 365 that are mentioned below:
- Microsoft Office 365 is the safest cloud storage email service and offers users the facility of sending and receiving email options.
- EML file format does not provide additional services, While Office 365 gives access to Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- It is more secure and reliable to the users as its user-friendly interface.
- Office 365 is used in both cases like professional and self-dependent users.
These are the different possible causes to import EML to Office 365. Now, we are going on to the manual and automated solution.
Most Effective Methods to Import EML to Office 365
In this section, we will explain the step-by-step guide to convert EML files to Outlook 365. Firstly, we explain the manual approach that is completed within two steps for a better understanding of the users. After that, we will explain the automated solution to import EML files to Office 365 Account that helps in error-free results.
#1. Migrate EML Messages to Office 365 Manually – Step-By-Step Guide
This process is completed within two steps. Firstly, You need to convert your EML files into PST file format. Then, you can easily migrate PST files to Office 365.
Step 1: Migrate EML to PST File Format
- Open the Windows Live Mail on your system.
- Then, tap on the File icon from the left upper corner of the screen.
- Click on the Export Mail option and choose the Email Messages option.
- Now, choose the Microsoft Exchange option, and click on the Next button.
- Appear a new Popup, and click on the Ok button from this popup.
- Here, choose the files or folders that you want to import, and tap on the ok button.
- Now, you can see the conversion process of EML files into PST.
- After completing the process, tap on the Finish button.
It is the process of converting the EML files into PST file format. After this step, you can move on to the next step in the direction to import EML to Office 365. If you have any confusion in this process or you want to know about an alternative method to convert EML to PST Files. Then, you can read this informational blog.
Step 2: Import PST File to Office 365
- Open Office 365 in your system and Sign in with the credentials.
- Now, Go to the Import page of Data governance and you need to create a new job for uploading data into Office 365 storage path.
- Copy and save the network upload SAS URL.
- Now, download and install the Azure AzCopy tool and launch it in your system.
- Here, use the command prompt to upload the PST to Office 365 using the AzCopy Tool.
- Then, create a new CSV file that contains the details of mailboxes.
- After that, create a PST import Job to validate the CSV file.
- Lastly, Import the PST files into Office 365.
Note: Here, you can filter PST files according to your requirement.
It is the final process of the manual method in the direction to import EML to Office 365. If you have any confusion in this process of converting the PST file into Office 365. To overcome the confusion or find an alternate solution to migrate PST to Office 365, you can read the informative blog that provides solutions to migrate PST to Office 365.
If you want to import EML files to Outlook 365 using the manual method, Then, you need to follow both steps properly. If you miss out on any step then you can’t get the output that you want.
Why Manual Method Sometimes Doesn’t Work?
This traditional way has many drawbacks. Without technical knowledge, users can’t perform this method. The process is very lengthy due to which there are high chances of data loss while performing this migration activity. Also, users can’t convert bulk files at a time.
In the above portion, you get a manual solution to import EML to Office 365. Now, we are going to explain one of the best alternatives that can easily import multiple EML files into Outlook 365.
#2. Direct Method to Export EML to Office 365
If you use the direct method then you can directly export your EML files into Office 365. You do not need to convert your files into PST file format. You will try the Cigati EML Converter that can directly import EML to Office 365. This software can also migrate the EML file data into other email clients like Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, iCloud, Hotmail, Hostgator, Amazon Webmail, Thunderbird, Opera Mail, etc. It is a secure and reliable tool that comes with a user-friendly interface.
We have explained the manual and automated method to import EML to Office 365. The traditional method has many drawbacks and the process is very lengthy. And, it can’t migrate data directly to the EML format to the Office 365 email client. Therefore, we will suggest a direct method that can directly convert EML files to Office 365 without any further process. Moreover, It is the most secure and reliable tool to get an error-free solution. Also, users can also import multiple EML files into Outlook 365, which is not possible in a manual approach.