How to Transfer Yahoo Email to Gmail Account
Yahoo is one of the biggest email services. Apart from this, many users want to switch from Yahoo email to Gmail, this is because of the security breach, in which 3 billion users lost their data. If you planned to switch from Yahoo to Gmail email services then read this article and follow the instructions carefully. But before we get to know How to transfer Yahoo email to Gmail, let’s discuss the reasons behind the process to export Yahoo Mail to Gmail.
Why User prefer Gmail Over Yahoo Mail?
Gmail provides various range of features that makes users to change their Webmail services. Okay, let’s discuss some of them here:
- Google provides a wide range of features like Snooze message, Scheduled Emails, Clickable attachments, Confidential Mode, Smart Reply and many more that tempts the user to use the Google email services.
- Gmail provides better email sorting options to their users based on Social, Update and Promotions.
- Yahoo didn’t provide an easy way to backup, which is important.
- Gmail provides fast searching with Advanced Search Algorithms.
All these reasons are enough to move from Yahoo mail to Gmail
How to Transfer Yahoo Email to Gmail?
To transfer your Yahoo mail to Gmail you have two different options i.e., Manual and Professional Method. So, let’s start with the Manual ways.
Manual method to export Yahoo Mail to Gmail
- Firstly, open your Gmail Account.
- Then, click on the Gear icon then on Settings.
- Hit on the Accounts and Import then, import mail and contacts option.> Import mail and contacts” width=”300″ height=”179″>
- Then on the next pop-up window, enter your Yahoo Credentials.
- On the next window, tick-mark the Import Contacts, Import Mails and Import new mail for the next 30 days.
- Click on “Start Import” button.
After the successful completion of these steps, your Yahoo emails will transfer to your Gmail Account. This process takes up to 2 days depending upon the size of the mailbox.
Why users generally don’t prefer the manual method?
By the help of in house methods one can face these common problems:
- This method will only transfer your mail folder and no other import option will be available.
- This process will interrupt several times by synchronization.
- Time-consuming process sometimes irritates the user.
- It takes up to 2 days to migrate your emails to the Gmail account.
And, if you are looking forward to transferring your contacts and other mail data then you have to use the Professional methods.
Professional method to Transfer Yahoo Email to Gmail
To migrate your emails to your Gmail Account with the help of professional ways, follow the steps below :
- Download and Install the Yahoo Backup Tool.
- Enter your Yahoo credentials.
- Then choose “Gmail” option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the files or folders you want to export to Yahoo Account.
- Checkmark the delete after download to delete the emails after the migration.
- After that click on the Next, enter the targeted Gmail account credentials and hit the Login button.
- Click on the Ok button after the successful completion of the migration.
After these steps, you will see all your Yahoo account data in your Gmail account.
Why we prefer third party utility over Manual method?
- This utility converts all your mail data like inbox, calendar, attachments, task.
- User will ensure that the problem of data loss will not occur in the case of professional tools.
- Easy to use.
- Option to convert Yahoo mail to PDF
In this technical guide, we have discussed the ways- How to Transfer Yahoo Email to Gmail Account. For migration of Yahoo emails to Gmail, we provide you two methods i.e., manual method and professional method. Apart from this, we have discussed the benefits of using Gmail over Yahoo email and the third party Yahoo Email Backup Tool. So, if you want to migrate your important Yahoo mails then you should use the third-party utility tools.