Nowadays, Yahoo is the most popular and secure email client for personal and professional use. Due to crucial data, you need to keep your Yahoo emails into an external hard drive to access offline mode and recover data. You will learn the top three ways to save Yahoo emails to external hard drive ahead of the article.
Yahoo mail is a web-based email client, and it is introduced by the American company Yahoo! Also, it is the most popular email client all around the world. Most people use Yahoo as a personal chat messenger and professional communication. Additionally, it has been providing different kinds of services like Yahoo Mail, Yahoo search engine, Yahoo Finance, Yahoo News, etc. Also, Yahoo provides its user’s free storage space.
However, every user has crucial data on the Yahoo server. Therefore, you need to download Yahoo emails to external hard drive to access offline mode. In this article, we will explain the simple and secure ways to save Yahoo emails to external hard drive. But before going on to the solutions, you need to know the causes to backup Yahoo emails to hard drive.
Why Do Users Need to Download Yahoo Emails to External Hard Drive?
In this section, let’s be familiar with some causes to copy Yahoo emails to hard drive in the following given points.
- Users can miss their crucial emails while receiving multiple emails at once. So, they need to free up their Yahoo mailbox by getting unnecessary emails.
- You can archive the Yahoo Mail email folders to an external hard drive before entering the data into your emails. It is helpful to backup your data, and you can easily access them later.
- To keep safe data from the hacking practices users need to save Yahoo emails to external hard drive. If you face any hacking activity, in that case, you can recover your emails from external hard drive backup.
These are some causes to archive Yahoo mail to hard drive or save Yahoo email as PDF. Now, we will discuss the techniques or methods to save Yahoo email messages to hard drive ahead of the article.
Different Approaches to Backup Yahoo Emails to Hard Drive
We will discuss the three methods to save Yahoo emails to computer in this section. Firstly, we will go through with manual approaches, and after that provide the best alternative solution.
Method 1: Print Each Email As PDF
- Open Yahoo Mail, and enter your credentials in the required field.
- Then, hit on the Next button.
- Tap on the Mail icon that appears on the top right side of the screen.
- Now, choose the mails one by one that you want to backup.
- Then, navigate on the More Option, and click on the Print message.
- After that, click on the Save button to save backup Yahoo mail in PDF format.
- Now, choose the saving path for the PDF file, and hit the Save button.
If you use this approach, you need to save every individual email as a PDF separately. Also, it is the time taking process for a large number of emails. So, let’s move to another method to save Yahoo emails to external hard drive using Outlook 2016.
Method 2: Use Outlook 2016 to Backup Yahoo Emails to Computer
- Launch your Microsoft Outlook account with your ID and Password.
- Then, click on the File Tab, and choose the Account Settings to form under the account setting icon.
- Tap on the New button in the email tab from Account Setting Wizard.
- Go through to the Advanced Settings option to set the account manually.
- After that, click on the Connect button.
- Select the IMAP setup from the advanced setup dialog box.
- Then, fill out the Yahoo mail account password and click the Connect button.
Both the above manual methods are used to save Yahoo emails to external hard drive. With the help of these methods, you cannot get back up properly because these techniques have many disadvantages to saving Yahoo emails to the computer.
Why Do You Need to Avoid Manual Approaches?
There are some drawbacks of using the traditional approaches. We have listed some of them below.
- These methods are highly time-consuming.
- Manual approaches have chances of data loss.
- Technical skills are required to perform these methods.
- You cannot get bulk emails backup at a time.
These are some drawbacks of the above-discussed methods. To get a backup of Yahoo mail into external hard drive, you can follow the alternate reliable way to save Yahoo email messages to hard drive.
Professional Way to Save Yahoo Emails to External Hard Drive
To overcome all the drawbacks of the manual methods, and get the backup of Yahoo mails securely. Then, we will recommend the Cigati Yahoo Backup Tool, that is the most secure and reliable tool to backup Yahoo emails to hard drive. It is easy to access and available with a user-friendly interface. Also, you can get a backup of Yahoo Mails into different file formats like PDF, PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, JSON, TXT, etc.
Additionally, you can also migrate emails from Yahoo to Gmail and other email clients like Yandex Mail, Amazon Webmail, Zoho Mail, Thunderbird, Live Exchange, Office 365, and many more. Moreover, you can export the mail along with all the attachments. Besides this, you can filter your emails while getting a backup based on the mail filter and time filter. It allows users to take multiple emails backup at a time.
We have discussed three methods to save Yahoo emails to external hard drive. As manual approaches are not much effective because they require more technical skills implemented. Also, you have a chance of email data loss in the manual methods. Hence, we will suggest one of the best alternative Cigati Yahoo backup tool. It is the most secure and reliable software that is available with advanced features that help in providing error-free output.