How to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 Automatically?
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager application that contains emails, calendars, tasks, contacts, journals, and notes. It runs on various platforms such as Windows, Mac, and Android.
The version of MS Outlook in Outlook 2016 mainly focuses on de-cluttering the interface and simplifying the workflow of the users. Outlook 2016 version has a thread concept that is integrated to enable you to send group messages.
Outlook 2016 is good to use, but it has some drawbacks that lead the users to export data to some other spreadsheet. This version of Outlook does not allow to select items for the word mail merge. Moreover, you cannot directly export a specific category.
Let’s start with the reasons that push users for the migration of Outlook 2016 contacts.
Reasons to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016
- To avoid duplicate entries if contacts are fit for different types.
- Users cannot take advantage of automatic journaling in Outlook.
- Cannot select items from a particular category.
Method 1- How to Export Contacts From Outlook?- Handy Approach
To export Outlook contacts, follow the below-described steps:-
- First of all, open the Outlook application. Select the “File” option from the menu bar, then tap on the “Open & Export” option. Now, pick the “Import/Export” option.
- Then choose the “Export to a File” option and hit the “Next” button.
- Now select the “Comma Separated Value” option available below the “Create a file of type” option.
- Next, select the “contact” folder in your Outlook account and tap on the “Next” button.
- Type the desired destination of your computer to save the file and hit on “Next” button.
- Finally, pick the checkbox “Export contacts from the folder: Contacts” to validate the action. Then press the “Finish” button.
To confirm that all your contacts have been successfully transferred, open the latest created CSV file in Excel or any other application that supports CSV file format.
Method 2- Export Outlook Contact Group to Excel and Other Spreadsheets by Using Copy and Paste.
You can migrate any field that is available in Outlook. Follow the below steps to perform:
- Firstly, click the “people” icon in the navigation bar.
- Then, click on the “List” to view the table.
- If you have to export more fields, then move to the view tab < arrangement group and tap the “add column” option.
- Select the desired field from the “show column” dialogue box. Tap on the “Add” button.
To change the sequence of columns – Use the “move up” and “move down” buttons. And for deleting the column- Select the “remove” button.
- Now, copy the contacts by using the following:
- Click Ctrl+A to select all contacts.
- Click Ctrl+C to copy the selected contacts.
- Open the excel or other spreadsheet, pick the upper upper-left cell and click Ctrl+V to paste the copied contacts.
Limitations of the above methods
However, migrating Outlook contacts by using a built-in facility is easy, but it has some drawbacks too:
- It cannot export all the fields.
- Filtering and rearranging the mapped field is time-consuming and inconvenient.
- Exporting contacts by category is not allowed.
Method 3- Trusted Approach to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 – 100% Proved
To overcome the limitations of the above approaches, use PST Exporter software to migrate contacts from Outlook 2016 into the desired file formats. This tool successfully converts Outlook contacts into multiple file formats with utmost data security and without any data loss.
Features of the Software
- Add multiple PST files and migrate the bulk of files into different file formats.
- Have Auto search option is available to search Outlook Files from the system.
- Simple and easy user interface.
- Able to convert PST to EML, CSV, MSG, HTML, PDF, TXT, EML, EMLX, etc.
- Demo version is available to convert 25 contacts for free.
We hope you got the various solutions to export the Outlook 2016 contacts. We have described the causes behind the exportation of Outlook 2016 contacts. Besides, you understand the limitations of the above 2-methods. Those methods are time-consuming, and many other facilities are unavailable, due to which you will be in trouble to store the contacts in Outlook.
Therefore, you can use the PST explorer tool to export contacts from Outlook 2016. This tool is utterly reliable to convert Outlook files into multiple file formats. You can also use the free trial version of this tool. Feel free to ask other queries and we are open to your valuable feedback.