In this article, we will provide the best way to G Suite email backup with the best professional methods and manual approaches. Firstly, the G Suite was launched in 2006 as Google Apps. And, G Suite changed the name Google Apps to G Suite in 2016. Then, Google again changed the name G Suite to Google Workspace.
Basically, it is a collection of collaborative apps. In a G Suite account, users can get a variety of services; Google Drive, Google Mail, Calendar, DOCX, Slides, Sheets, Charts, etc. Google Workspace is the most popular application for professionals.
It is working on the cloud workspace. It is a collection of advanced productivity applications. On the other hand, Google takes no responsibility to manage the user data. Nowadays, cybercrime is increasing. So, it is our responsibility to take backup Google workspace emails and other services.
But, before moving on to G Suite backup solutions we need to understand the benefits of the Backup G Suite data.
Advantages or Benefits of G Suite Email Backup
In this section, we will discuss the advantages to take backup of G Suite or Google Workspace account. We are going to mention the benefits in the below points:
- If any virus attacks or accidentally deletes the data then the backup file helps users restore the G Suite account data.
- The user can easily access the crucial emails instantly without any internet connection.
- Sometimes, accidentally G Suite data can be corrupted. So, the G Suite backup user will help users restore the emails.
- When the users require G Suite data for any legal or audit purposes. Then, the client can easily use the backup data.
- G Suite uses in the corporate sector but many students use the Google G Suite for education purposes.
In the above section, we have discussed all the possible benefits of G Suite backup emails. Now we are moving on to the approaches to perform the G Suite email backup process.
How to Take Backup of G Suite
There are two methods to get backup G Suite for free. Both ways have their benefits. Many people refer to the Takeout service to save backup G Suite accounts. But, It is not completely feasible for the backup G Suite emails process later in the article.
Method 1: Use Data Export Tool for Admin Console.
Method 2: Use Professional G Suite Backup Tool.
#1. G Suite Backup User Email With Google Data Export Tool
If users use the Google Apps with the Business license then you can see the additional feature Data Export. The drawback of this tool is that only a G Suite Admin can access this feature. This allows its admin to download and save the data of all its users without any exceptions. Some Prerequisites are required for G Suite email backup in the Data Export tool method.
Requirement for using the Data Export Tool
- This feature is only accessible by super-admin.
- Domain requires to be 30 days older to access this feature.
- Need to enable the 2-step verification.
To better execute this method you need to implement every step in the same sequence that we are mention in the below section:
- Sign in to your G Suite account using your credentials.
2. After that, open the Admin Console then click on the < button.
3. Then, click on Tools and tap on the Data Export option.
4. Click on the Start button to G suite email Backup.
5. Here, start the unavoidable waiting period. Google will take up to 9 days to email confirmation links of your exported data.
6. After receiving the confirmation email then open it and click on the Access Archive button to view the backed-up data.
7. Now, you can open the folders individually and download the data one by one to your local system.
If you follow the above steps then you can get the output from this method. But, we want to tell you about the mentioned way, which has many drawbacks. That we will discuss in the next section.
Drawbacks of the Data Export Tool
These are some limitations of the manual approaches to G Suite email backup. You can see below:
- Once you start the process then you cannot pause the process.
- If you start the data backup, then you cannot use this feature for the next 30 days.
- It is a very time-consuming process. It can take up to 9 days to receive the confirmation mail. After that, you can include the additional days for downloading G suite data.
- By using this method, you can export only selective data such as emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
If you want to overcome all the drawbacks then you can follow the next segment. Here, we will explain the professional way to G Suite email backup.
#2. Automated Solution to Take Backup G Suite Workspace
We will suggest the most secure and reliable tool to backup Google workspace emails, You can try the Cigati G Suite Backup Tool to save or download the G Suite backup in various formats like PST, PDF, MBOX, HTML, EMLX, MSG, EML, etc. This tool works on the advanced technology that helps in providing error-free solutions.
Additionally, many features are available in this tool that users can use according to their requirements. If you have low technical knowledge then you can also use this tool because its user interface is very simple.
In this blog, we have explained the different ways to G Suite email backup. We find the traditional approach has many drawbacks. So, this method is not good to use. Then, we recommended the professional G Suite backup tool that has many extraordinary features. It is the most secure and reliable tool to take G Suite account backup.