In the past few years, Yahoo has dealt with a number of unusual situations, such as data hacks, which are of great concern to users. Therefore, many users seek a cloud where they can store their data, which is next to impossible to hack, such as iCloud. So, in this article, we will provide you with the best ways to export Yahoo Contacts to iCloud via Cigati’s CSV to vCard Converter.
In the recent few years digitalization, is at its high peak. which modifies consumer preferences regarding the services. This is an instance where Yahoo fell short of audience expectations. Even though it offers a paid service to its users.While on the flip side, Apple users are enjoying the services without any fear of hack. Because they know Apple is impossible to hack. And it offers its users iCloud to save their data upto 5GB. So, many users seeking ways to transfer contacts from Yahoo to iCloud.
Undoubtedly, Yahoo is a well-versed email service provider that allows its users to access multiple services, such as email, sports news, finance, sports, music, and much more. Though as technology advances the need of customers also advances, they are ready to pay you whatever you demand but not ready to compromise their security. This is an instance where Yahoo fell short of audience expectations. So, in the further section, we will try to find out the reasons why users want to export Yahoo contacts to iCloud.
Why Move Contacts from Yahoo Account to iCloud
- Yahoo faces several cases of around 500 million users account. Whereas, iCloud is free from any restrictions.
- Sometimes users shift from Windows to Mac.
- You might change your machine.
- Your Yahoo license may be expired.
These are some reasons for Yahoo data migration. In the further section, we will elaborate on ways to migrate Yahoo mailbox to Apple Cloud.
Ways to Import Yahoo Contacts to iCloud
Though this is a manual approach it accomplishes in three stages and aims for extra attention and time. And if you are not a technical user, then we suggest you first take a backup, then proceed. Let us define each stage.
Stage 1: Convert Yahoo Contacts into CSV format.
Stage 2: Change CSV format to vCard/VCF.
Stage 3: Migrate vCard/VCF to iCloud.
Let us elaborate on each stage to import contacts from Yahoo to iCloud.
Stage 1: Convert Yahoo Contacts into CSV format
- Access your Yahoo mail ID and steer to Contacts.
- Select the contacts that you want to export.
- Click on the three dots present on the right side.
- Choose the option Export to the CSV file from the list of choices.
- After following the steps, you’ve successfully exported Yahoo Contacts to CSV format.
This is the first stage to export Yahoo contacts to iCloud. Now, move to the next stage to continue the process.
Stage 2: Change CSV format to vCard/VCF
You need to change the CSV file that you recently created in the above stage to vCard. Because iCloud can import only Virtual Contact File(VCF) format. Here are the steps to execute to change CSV format into vCard.
- Open and Run the dialogue box by pressing Win + R button.
- Type Contacts, and click on the OK button.
- Drag and drop your file into the opened folder. Make sure your file is saved on the desktop.
- Go to the Export button >vCards >Export.
Finally, your Changed CSV file is now converted into vCard format. Take the next stage to export Yahoo contacts to iCloud.
Stage 3: Migrate vCard/VCF to iCloud
This is the last and final stage to transfer your Yahoo Mail contacts to Mac Cloud. Here are the steps to follow.
- Log in to your iCloud account and choose the contacts icon.
- Steer to the gear icon, and select the VCF or vCard import option.
- Add the VCF file that you recently converted.
- At last, click on the Open button to import the VCF file to iCloud.
These are the stages of move contacts from Yahoo account to iCloud manually. But these stages have some limitations. For instance, this approach is quite lengthy to execute, and during this conversion process, the formatting is not the same as you desired so. Besides, this also demands technical expertise. So, to ease your task, you can use an automated tool.
Export Yahoo Contacts to iCloud in No Time
The Cigati Yahoo Mail Backup Tool is a full-fledged utility that migrates your Yahoo mail and its data into 21+ file formats and email clients. In addition, you can save your data with or without attachments into your desired file format or can swiftly transfer your data to the most demanding and secure clouds. Moreover, you can also avail of other advantages features of the utility.
Why Export Yahoo Contacts to iCloud With an Automated Tool
- Saves Yahoo mail and its data into CSV, TXT, DOC, DOCX, PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, and many more file formats.
- Swiftly migrate your Yahoo mailbox to highly secure clouds such as iCloud, Zoho Mail, GoDaddy Email, HostGator, Yandex Mail, IMAP, AOL, Amazon Workmail, etc.
- You can convert your mailbox with or without attachments in no time and without any data loss.
- Allows you to get rid of unnecessary emails.
These are some advantages of the utility other than transfer contacts from Yahoo to iCloud.
I hope now you have successfully accomplished the task of export Yahoo contacts to iCloud. Though we have also provided you manual approach, it is not useful from the context of the user. As it requires lots of prerequisites and is also not a cup of tea for novices. While the professional tool is fledged with so many advanced features that do not demand technical know-how and also give you a new experience of importing Yahoo contacts to iCloud and others.