If you are looking for a solution that can easily export DWG to PDF file format, then you are at the right write-up. Here you will get a complete procedure of the manual method to save DWG as PDF and one of the best alternate solutions to convert DWG to PDF file.
What is a DWG File?
A 2D or 3D drawing made with the specialized CAD software Autodesk AutoCAD that is stored as a DWG file. It includes metadata and vector image information that AutoCAD and other CAD programs need to load drawings. Also, DWG files are similar to .dxf files, which are ASCII versions of DWG files. Autodesk AutoCAD is a CAD application that is used by engineers, architects, and other construction and design professionals.
However, most of the time, users need to convert DWG to PDF file format. There are a number of software available in the market, but all software is not safe and secure to use. Therefore, we will discuss the simple and secure way to convert DWG files to PDF files using a manual approach. This technique may be a little bit complicated for non-technical users to convert your DWG to PDF. In that case, you can choose the alternate options that don’t require much technical knowledge to implement the professional method. Now, we will move on to the manual steps to export DWG to PDF Autocad file format.
Manual Steps to Export DWG Files to PDF File Format
These are some crucial steps to convert AutoCAD to PDF file format, and you need to follow these steps in the same sequence.
- Firstly, download and install the AutoCAD application and tap on the AutoCAD logo button.
- Then, you need to click on the open button to browse the DWG file and press the Open button.
- Now, you can print it in PDF format either from the Model view or using the predefined layout.
- Here tap on the AutoCAD Logo and Print & configure your printing options.
- Now, select what you want to convert in the plot area, such as window, display, layout, or extents.
- Then, choose the paper size from the drop-down list and choose the scale of the printed drawing from the drop-down list from the plot scale section.
- After that, choose the Nova PDF from the Printer/Plotter section.
- Also, you have an option to customize AutoCAD’s printing settings from the Properties buttons before converting.
- Then, tap on the properties >> Custom Printing options from plot windows.
- At last, hit the Ok button and select the destination where you want to store the PDF file.
If you use the above-discussed steps in the same sequence, export DWG to PDF file format using the manual steps. For this method, you require some technical skills, and then you can apply the steps. Now, in the next section, we are going to suggest the best alternative where you do not require much technical knowledge and AutoCAD application to convert DWG to PDF.
Use DWG to PDF Converter Tool to Export DWG to PDF File Format
If you tried the manual steps and faced some issues, then you can opt for the professional method to convert an AutoCAD DWG to PDF. You will try the Cigati DWG Converter Tool to change DWG Files to PDF file format. It is the most effective method for converting AutoCAD files. The file is converted into PDF, BMP, JPEG, TIFF, DOC, GIF, and PNG formats. Additionally, this advanced software can easily convert AutoCAD files in bulk. Furthermore, after adding DWG files to it, users may inspect the file details.
Most Highlighted Features of DWG to PDF Converter Tool
These are some features of this tool that is helpful to export DWG to PDF file format.
- This software can easily export the 2D & 3D design objects from DWG files to other formats.
- DWG to PDF Converter Tool compatible with AutoCAD, TurboCAD, CorelCAD, DraftSight, LibreCAD, etc.
- You can save your AutoCAD graphics in multiple formats like PDF, HTML, and Word.
- No restriction on exporting large DWG, DXF, & DWF files.
- You have an option to save Autodesk AutoCAD documents to PDF and other images separately.
Working Steps of DWG to PDF Converter software
You need to implement these simple steps to convert your DWG to PDF format.
- Firstly, install and Run Cigati AutoCAD DWG Converter.
- Now, tap on the Add File or Add Folder button to add the AutoCAD files.
- Select the DWG file from the system and tap on the Open button.
- Then select the PDF file format from the drop-down menu.
- After that, choose the location where you want to store the resultant file.
- In the end, hit the convert button to convert the DWG file into the format.
If you execute all the steps in the same sequence, then you will get the best output from this method. It is the most secure and reliable software to export DWG to PDF format. Also, this software works on advanced technology that helps to provide error-free solutions to users. Moreover, it comes with a simple and easy user interface that does not require much technical knowledge to implement the steps.
We have discussed the two methods to export DWG to PDF format. PDF file format is the safest format for storing the data. You can choose any method, but we suggest you opt for the professional method because it is the most secure and reliable solution to convert DWG to PDF file format.