This article will explain the process to convert PST to CSV format using the manual approach and the professional approach. So, to implement the manual process, you need to use the Outlook application for output. On the other hand, you can execute the professional process without using Outlook. So let’s get started.
As we know, PST is the extension of the Personal Storage Table, and it generates by Outlook. Generally, professionals widely use Outlook for business communications. PST file contains calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, emails, etc. Also, users can easily import the PST file in Outlook using the Import/Export option.
On the other hand, CSV stands for Comma Separated Value and contains the data in tabular form. The CSV files support many services like Google Contacts and Outlook Applications. You can easily access the CSV files in Excel, Google Sheet, etc.
However, Microsoft Outlook is the most trusted and secure email client application. It maintains the data as a Personal Storage Table (PST) file. Sometimes, users need to save emails as contacts or calendars in a spreadsheet. Then, you can convert PST to CSV format. Before going on to the solution, first we will discuss the reasons to convert PST file to CSV.
Major Benefits of Converting PST Contacts to CSV File
This section will mention some advantages of converting PST contacts to CSV.
- CSV file is easy to access and readable for humans.
- This format is easy to edit and read using almost any text editor.
- CSV file size is small as compared to Outlook PST files.
- It can store data in separate tabular forms that are easy to understand.
These are the reasons to choose the CSV file to store Outlook files, contacts, notes, tasks, and emails. Now, we move on to the solution to convert PST file to CSV. Firstly, we will discuss the process to export PST to CSV using the Outlook application, and another one is without Outlook installation.
Also Read: Convert PST File to PDF
How to Convert PST to CSV Using Outlook Application?
As you know, Outlook provides a variety of features to its users. So we will use the Outlook feature to convert PST to CSV online free. You need to follow the same steps mentioned in this section.
- Firstly, Open the MS Outlook program.
- Then, go to the File >> Open >> Import.
- Now, the Import and Export wizard will open in the Outlook application.
- Here you need to select Export to a File option and tap on the Next button.
- After that, choose the Comma Separated Values option, and click on the Next button.
- Select the Folder or Location and click on the Next button.
- Tap on the Browse button and select a Location. Also, give a name to the New CSV file.
- Then, tap on the Next button, and then hit the Finish button.
- Choose the Date Frame to export the data into a CSV file, and tap on the Ok button.
- Finally, the process is in Progress, and Wait until it gets completed.
These are the steps to convert PST to CSV file with Outlook method. But this method has some limitations that we will discuss in the next section of this article.
Drawbacks of the Manual Approach
Most users face some problems while they implement the manual process. Let’s discuss some limitations of this method mentioned below :
- It is a highly time-consuming method.
- Required technical knowledge to implement the steps.
- Users require high-speed internet data connectivity.
- If the internet connection breaks while conversing, there is a high chance of data loss.
- You cannot save the data with attachments.
These are the drawbacks of the traditional method. Hence, to overcome all the disadvantages, you can follow the next section to convert PST file to CSV.
Professional Method: Convert PST to CSV Without Outlook
Here you will learn a solution to export PST file to CSV format. Then, we will recommend the Cigati PST Converter that can convert PST contacts to CSV format. This tool is the most secure and trusted software that comes with advanced technology. You can convert PST file to CSV without Outlook. The PST to CSV converter can also convert to DOCX, VCF, DOCM, MSG, HTML, PDF, EML, etc.
This advanced software also can migrate Outlook PST files into various email clients like Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, Outlook, IMAP, Thunderbird, Zoho Mail, etc. It allows for the migration of single and multiple files at a time. Apart from that, there are several other features that are available in this tool that users can select as per their requirements.
CSV files store data in a tabular form that makes it easy to understand. We have discussed two methods to convert PST to CSV file format. If you choose the manual approach, that has a complicated process because you need to install the Outlook application. Then, we will suggest the best alternative options that can be implemented without Outlook. The Cigati PST Converter is the most secure and reliable software to use. The CSV file format is the extension of the comma separated value that created by Microsoft Excel and so you can follow another informational write-up to convert Excel to VCF Format.