Learn How to convert NSF to PST file format. Looking for an easy way to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST file then, you are at the right place. In this blog post, I am going to explain how one can convert Lotus Notes email to Outlook using manual ways and an easy automated way.
Difference Between NSF and PST file formats
NSF(Notes Storage Facility) is a database supported by IBM Lotus Notes and IBM Domino Server. Generally, NSF is accommodated by Domino Server and downloaded by the users of Notes. It relies on the database, which is utilitarian even in an offline mode. On the other hand, PST files are data storage files containing all the information used by Microsoft Outlook. PST files have a limit of 2GB users will find their Outlook slow when the file is close to the limit.
Lotus Notes and MS Outlook are two frequent email clients in organizations but, some users want to convert NSF to PST file format. NSF file format is used by IBM Lotus Notes whereas, MS Outlook works with PST file format. Accessing the NSF files using Outlook is not possible.
Reasons to Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook PST
Let’s talk about basic reasons to transfer Lotus Notes emails to Outlook file format:
- Cost-effectiveness of Outlook as compared to Lotus Notes.
- With Lotus Notes users are not allowed to log in different account simultaneously.
- MS Outlook is more user-friendly than Lotus Notes.
- During job switch user need to convert NSF files into PST files.
Now let’s talk about all the ways that we can Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Two Best Methods to Convert NSF to PST File Format
It is a freeware NSF to PST conversion. Used for the back process while conversion is in process. we have two stages in this manual process:
Method 1. convert NSF to CSV
Perform the following steps to export NSF files to CSV:
- Launch IBM Lotus Notes on your system.
- Then click File>Open >Lotus Notes Application.
- In open windows and browse for the desired NSF file and click open.
- Now click Export on the file menu.
- Then enter the file name, file location and saving type on Export dialogue box.
- Click on Comma Separated File Value.
- Select the desired option from the CSV Export dialogue box and click ok.
- The Exported files get saved in CVS in a defined location.
Also Read: Open NSF File in Gmail
Method 2. Import CSV file into Outlook
With the following steps to import the CSV files into Outlook:
- Launch MS Outlook. Open file menu, click Open & Export, and then click Import/Export.
- An Import and Export dialogue box will emerge. Select Import from another program and then click on next.
- Select comma-separated values as file type and click next.
- Next, browse the location for the CSV file created while exporting Lotus Notes.
- Select the folder where you want to save your exported data and click Next.
- From the import, a file dialogue box selects the given checkbox. And click on finish.
- The data files from CSV Iis converted into outlook.
Method 3. Professional Method For NSF to PST File Conversion
The above manual methods are helpful in some situations. But it has limitations too like, it is a time-consuming process, selective conversion is not possible and many other reasons. In this situation, it is suitable to use a third party to convert NSF to PST file converter using an expert tool. One such software is the best NSF to PST Converter software. It is the best way to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST file and also PDF, MBOX, EML, etc. file format effortlessly.
In this article, we’ve discussed the three methods to convert NSF to PST file format. Out of which two are manual and the third is professional. You can get a better result by using both manuals as well as a professional tool. It’s recommended to go for the professional tool as it offers other features too and is easy to use. So, learn here a complete solution on how to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook. Additionally, you read this informative blog to migrate lotus notes to Office 365.