In the blog, we will discuss the simple and secure methods to convert NSF to PDF files. You can follow this blog to get complete information if you have the same query. Firstly, we will discuss the manual approach to convert NSF file to PDF file format. Additionally, we will provide a quick and reliable solution to save Lotus Notes email as PDF.
Recently, Lotus Notes name has been changed, and now it is known as HCL Notes and uses NSF file format for its data storage. Lotus Notes works on the Domino Server. The users can access NSF files only inside the Lotus Notes email client. As a user, if you want to open NSF files in other applications or devices, then you need to convert Lotus Notes to a flexible file format like PDF.
The PDF file format is a fully portable, independent file format. It is commonly used for storing documents, creating presentations, exchanging information, and safeguarding files. In addition, this standard document format has several other benefits. The most significant aspect of PDF documents is their protection against editing and alteration. Before moving on the solution, we will discuss the benefits to Convert NSF to PDF file.
Advantages of IBM Notes Save Email as PDF
There are some benefits to export lotus notes documents to PDF. Now, we will mention them in the below section:
- You can access the PDF file formats on many platforms.
- With the help of conversion, you can easily access Lotus Notes file items in non-Lotus Notes email clients.
- If you export Lotus emails in PDF format, you can easily protect PDF files using a password.
- Generally, Lotus Notes or HCL Notes are more expensive for home users & small businesses.
Read More: Export DWG to PDF File
Top 2 Methods to Convert NSF to PDF File Format
Here we will discuss the top two methods to convert Lotus Notes document to PDF format. Firstly, we will discuss the manual method and suggest a professional method to export Lotus Notes export to PDF format.
Manual Approach to Migrate Lotus Notes to PDF Format
Now, we will mention the procedure steps in the below section to convert Lotus Notes to PDF file format.
- Firstly, install Adobe Acrobat and open it.
- Use the PDF Maker feature, and export your NSF file data into PDF file format.
- After installing Acrobat on your system, it directly appears in IBM Notes.
- In this step, open your Lotus Notes program and select the file you want to move into a PDF file.
- Then, move to the Action tab and select Export Messages into Adobe PDF.
- After that, set the specific location where you want to store your file and hit the Save button.
- When this process is completed, you can easily view your converted emails in PDF format.
Drawbacks of Manual Method to Convert NSF to PDF
These are some major disadvantages of the Adobe discussed manual approach. We will mention the following points:
- This approach will take more time when we implement this method on large NSF files.
- There are no data security and higher chances of data alteration.
- This process requires technical expertise to implement the steps in the right direction.
We have discussed the limitations of the manual approach, and you can not get the expected outcome with this method. Moreover, you can try the best alternative to overcome the drawbacks mentioned earlier. Furthermore, you need to follow the next section to learn about the automated solution.
Professional Way to Convert Lotus Notes to PDF
If you tried the manual approach and this technique does not work for you. Also, you are looking for a quick and secure solution to convert NSF to PDF and want to save your time. Therefore, we will come up with the best alternative to Cigati NSF Converter tool that can easily overcome all the drawbacks of the manual approach and help in providing a secure output.
This Lotus Notes to PDF converter works on advanced technology and provides the full security of data hampering. Also, this software comes with a user-friendly interface. That’s why non-technical users can easily use this software. Additionally, there are many features available in this tool that users can choose as per their requirements. Some of these features we will mention in the next section.
Highlighted Features of NSF to PDF Converter tool
- This advanced tool allows you to convert NSF files into PDF and other file formats like EML, PST, MSG, EMLX, HTML, CSV, MHTML, MBOX, etc.
- You can migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 and other various email clients like Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, IMAP, etc.
- Provide an option to remove duplicate messages to smooth conversion.
- You can also export multiple NSF files into PDF format with a single click.
- This tool offers data filter options for selective conversion of NSF files.
- The NSF Converter tool is available in both free and paid versions.
In this blog, we have discussed the two methods to convert NSF to PDF file format. The manual method is a lengthy and complicated process, and it has many drawbacks. After that, we have suggested the best secure and reliable alternative professional tool to convert NSF file to PDF file format.