If you are tired of managing multiple PST files and want to combine PST files into one single file, this write-up is for you. In this article, you will learn how to combine Outlook PST files using a free manual approach and using the expert’s solution. Stay tuned to this post and keep scrolling to know more in detail.
PST file stands for personal storage table. These files contain all the data of your Microsoft Outlook account. It generally stores emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. These PST files are located at different places depending on the different Outlook versions. However, there are several instances due to which users are searching for ways to combine their multiple PST files into a single one. In the below section, we will provide you with two different methods for the same. But before jumping directly to the solution, let’s proceed ahead towards the reasons behind merging the PST file.
Why Combine Multiple PST Files into One?
Now, before moving towards the solution to combine PST files into one, the first question that arises is why we need to combine multiple Outlook PST files? So there are plenty of instances where merging existing PST files into a new data file will be beneficial for the users. We have listed some of the reasons below:
- While creating the backup of the existing account.
- If migrating to another service or exchange.
- When merging multiple old accounts.
- If you are merging your social, personal, or work-related accounts together.
- At the time of receiving files from a team or family member.
After going through all the above-listed reasons, you might also want to combine Outlook PST files. In the next section, we are going to introduce the best-proven ways to Combine PST Files into One File.
How to Merge Outlook PST Files Without Duplicates?
To merge multiple Outlook PST files into a single file, we have split this process into two parts to merge PST files using the manual method. In the first step, you have to create an empty file, and then you need to import the old PST file data into the new one in the next part. Let’s See how.
Step 1: Create a New Empty PST File
- Open the desktop-based Outlook application on your system.
- Click on the New Items and expand it to select the More Items option in the Home tab.
- Choose the Outlook Data File option.
- Now, Browse the location where you want to save the newly created PST file and assign a name to it.
- In the end, press the Ok button to save the PST file.
Step 2: Transfer Old PST Data to New PST File
- Launch the MS Outlook application on your system or PC.
- Now, move to the File tab and click on the Open & Export tab.
- Choose the Import/Export icon to proceed with the further process.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, choose the Import from Another Program or File option.
- Here select the Outlook Data File(.pst) option and press the Next button.
- After that, press the Browse button and choose the PST file.
- Then, mark the Do Not Import Duplicate Items option.
- Choose the Include Subfolder option and import items to the same folder.
- At last, tap the Finish button to complete the process.
With the help of both the above parts, users Combine PST files into one single file. But there are some restrictions in this method, due to which users are looking for a PST merge tool to combine multiple Outlook data files instantly.
Combine Multiple Archive PST Files – Expert’s Solution
The Cigati PST Merge Tool is the one-stop solution that can instantly combine multiple PST files into a single one. The software offers to combine entire PST file items such as calendars, tasks, journals, notes, contacts, etc. It also merges multiple PST files while maintaining the folder hierarchy. Also, you can add encryption to your resultant PST file by adding a password to it. You can also merge duplicate contacts in Outlook by using this tool. Furthermore, the software is fully loaded with various advanced features with an interactive GUI.
Also Read: Reduce PST File Size
Thus, in this write-up, we have discussed why it is necessary to combine PST files into one and the best-proven ways for the same using the manual and expert solutions. While the manual process is lengthy, complicated, and tricky. Hence, we have introduced the PST merger tool that instantly merges PST files. Also, the software is capable of adding protection to the resultant PST files. Additionally, you try to evaluate its working using the demo version before purchasing the complete version.