Summary: Do you desire reliable ways to backup OneDrive for business then end your quest here. In this write-up, you’ll learn the best practices for backing up OneDrive for business. In addition, you will also explore the working and function of the automated Cigati OneDrive Migration Tool.
Microsoft offers its users the option of storing their crucial data on OneDrive. This cloud offer users to save up to 5 GB of data for free. OneDrive allows you to safely add photos, files, music, and other documents. It specially design for professionals to save their data. However, users frequently experience difficulties in keeping their data in this cloud. So, it is always advisable to have a backup of your data. And we have several methods for saving it below. But first, you should understand why you need a backup of OneDrive.
Reasons to Save OneDrive Business
Having a backup will always give you a feeling of security. Additionally, backing up OneDrive for business has several other benefits.
- Microsoft offers 1 TB of storage in its trial period if you don’t take a backup of your added documents. Microsoft will freeze your account, and you will not have the option to access your OneDrive.
- OneDrive often faces the issue of data corruption.
- By saving your data locally, you can easily share it with other platforms and change it into different file formats.
These are some advantages of having a backup of OneDrive data. In the following section, we will learn the strategy for backing up OneDrive.
Also Read: Migrate Google Drive to Office 365
Manual Solution to Backup OneDrive for business
The manual approach uses to complete these solutions. Below is the complete explanation of each method.
Method 1: Download From OneDrive Locally
Follow the below steps to save OneDrive data locally.
- Access OneDrive cloud storage location from a desktop or Web-based.
- Choose the file you want to back up.
- Right-click on the chosen file and navigate to the Download option.
- Select a name and destination for the resultant folder.
- Finally, your OneDrive data is stored at your selected location.
The most recent Windows versions, including Windows 10 and 11, can be used with the aforementioned technique. By saving it locally, you can also transfer this data to an external hard drive. If you think the above method does not suit you, choose another workaround.
Method 2: Backup OneDrive for Business to Local Storage
Those who use older Windows versions can use this method. You can access OneDrive in your Windows settings after downloading it. Alternatively, you can use it directly on the web. Adhere to the instructions.
Steps to Backup OneDrive for Business
- Navigate to My Computer or This PC.
- Choose the OneDrive account and right-click on the data you wish to save. Choose Settings from the list of options.
- The above step will take you to the new wizard. From there, select manage the Sync and backup options.
- Following, steer to the Accounts option, and choose to Unlink this PC. This step will disconnect your connection to OneDrive from the local storage.
- Confirm the task you performed.
- Next, enter your Office 365 admin account and password.
- Select the location where you want to backup OneDrive for business to local storage.
- Choose the name for your OneDrive folder, and your data will download to your selected location or hard drive.
These are a few manual approaches to backing up OneDrive for business. But these are lengthy to execute and demand technical expertise. Furthermore, you cannot migrate all of the data at once. And in some instances, it appears that the user loses their data. To stop all of these rids, you can choose an automated solution.
Backup OneDrive for Business Without Hassle
The Cigati OneDrive Migration Tool is a full-featured utility that migrates OneDrive data to another OneDrive or Google Drive. You can save your data locally by using this tool as well. In addition, the automated tool comes with advanced features. Furthermore, you are not required to have the technical knowledge to use the tool. Below are the steps to execute.
Steps for the OneDrive Business Backup Solution
- Download and install OneDrive Migration Tool.
- Choose the Source device as OneDrive and authenticate it.
- Once you’ve completed the authentication task, check the items you want to backup.
- Manage the utility feature in accordance.
- Choose the destination to save your OneDrive data.
- At last, reach the location you chose for your resultant data.
The previous instructions can assist you in backing up OneDrive Business locally, on Google Drive, or OneDrive.
The following write-up will provide you with the best ways to backup OneDrive for business. Though, you can use a manual approach to accomplish this task. However, this has flaws and is not a perfect method for transferring OneDrive data. An automated tool, however, is packed with a ton of cutting-edge features. Additionally, this tool enables you to migrate your data without worrying about data loss to Google Drive, OneDrive, and local destinations.