In this write-up, we will discuss why users need to add Hotmail to Gmail accounts, and we will provide the simple and secure two methods to add Hotmail account to Gmail accounts with the manual procedure and alternate quick solutions. To know more about the process, you need to follow the complete article till the end.
Recently, Hotmail has been less popular than other email clients, but many users still use the Hotmail email services. It is a good option to use for personal and professional communication. Nowadays, Gmail has overcome the Hotmail email client, and most people shift their choice from Hotmail to Gmail account. Gmail is a web-based email service that provides trusted and secured email services. Also, Gmail offers a free service that provides 15 GB of storage space per user.
Therefore, most users want to switch their personal and professional communication from Hotmail to Gmail. In this article, we will discuss the simple and secure method to add Hotmail to Gmail.
Also Read: Proven Techniques to Migrate Gmail to Google Workspace
Why Do Users Need to Move Emails from Hotmail to Gmail?
There are several benefits of the Gmail email client over Hotmail for personal and professional uses.
- Gmail provides 15 GB of storage space per user for free.
- It has a simple and easy user interface that makes it easy to use.
- Google mail provides more useful features to use as compared to Hotmail.
- Users can easily access the Gmail services through their official mobile application.
We have discussed some advantages of Gmail services that help users in better communication. In the next section, we will discuss the methods to add Hotmail account to Gmail app.
DIY Technique to Add Hotmail to Gmail
To implement the approach, you need to use the Post Office Protocol(POP), which makes it an easy process to forward Hotmail to Gmail account. Firstly, you must enable this POP option for both Hotmail and Gmail accounts.
Enable POP Access in Gmail
- Firstly, sign in to your Gmail Account and click on the Gear icon.
- On the next screen, tap on the see all settings option.
- Now, move on to the Forwarding POP/IMAP section and enable the POP for All Mail option.
- Then, scroll down the page and hit the save changes.
- After that, follow the next steps to export emails from Hotmail to Gmail using POP3 server settings.
Add Hotmail to Gmail Using POP3
- When you enable the POP access properly, you need to click on the gear icon and open the See all settings option.
- Then, tap on the Accounts and Import option from the Settings panel.
- Scroll down the page and choose the Add an email account option.
- Here you need to fill out the email address of your Hotmail account.
- Then, select the option to Import emails to add another email address to Gmail(POP3) and hit the Next button.
- On the next screen, fill out the third-party app password and POP server, and choose the valid Port Number.
- Then, you need to check two options:
— Leave a copy of the retrieved message on the server.
— Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail.
- Lastly, tap on the Add Account option to add Hotmail to Gmail for receiving the Hotmail email in your Google account.
Simple Method to Send Emails via hotmail.com SMTP Servers in Gmail
- Firstly, hit the Yes option and click the Next Button to send emails from Gmail using your Hotmail username.
- Now, fill in the Name and click on the next step.
- Here enter the Hotmail SMTP server and port number.
- Then, check on the secured connection using TLS or SSL, depending on your Hotmail encryption protocol.
- Click on the Add Account option to move further.
- At last, check the confirmation mail or verify the confirmation code to allow sending mail from your Gmail account.
If you want to add Hotmail to Gmail manually, then you need to follow this complete method. The manual method has some limitations like it takes much time and a higher risk of data loss. If you want to overcome all the drawbacks, in that case, you can follow the next alternative solution to get better output.
Best Alternative Solution to Add Hotmail to Gmail
To overcome all the drawbacks and get optimal output, you can try the Cigati Hotmail Backup Tool. This software is the most secure and reliable method that helps to move emails from Hotmail to Gmail within a few minutes. The Hotmail backup tool comes with a simple user interface that helps to make the process easy.
With this advanced tool, you can back up your Hotmail mailbox into various file formats like PST, TXT, EML, MBOX, MSG, PDF, etc. Also, it provides an option to migrate Hotmail data into multiple email clients like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Thunderbird, Hotmail, iCloud, etc. Additionally, this tool has many advanced options that users can choose per their requirements. There is no requirement for much technical knowledge to implement this reliable software. You can also backup Hotmail Emails to Computer using this tool.
We have discussed some crucial reasons to add Hotmail account to Gmail account and the two methods to add Hotmail to Gmail account. The manual method has many drawbacks and a higher risk of data loss. So, to overcome this you need to choose the professional method to get efficient results.